221     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 566     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soks needs to drop out immediately, if not sooner. The voting choices, and outcomes, need to become as clear as possible. If Soks supporters migrate to Tory in the next poll, then Chow should fold and declare her support for Tory--who'll need as much time as possible to segue into a more moderate position (which shouldn't be hard for him). This is really the only way that I can see the city getting out of this shitstorm.

The Fords, as far as I'm concerned, are basically low-fi terrorists, and all of the citizens of Toronto who are not with them need to unite solidly behind the candidate who has the best, perhaps only, chance of chasing them out. If that happens to be Tory, so be it. This is no longer about policy nuances, this is about survival.

Lucinda:

They are right there is a process - and it seems that the process is slow and borderline useless (until the bad press hits home). Ironically, they also have a process for restricting info from getting into public light - and they are pretty efficient at it. Makes you wonder whether the process is about protecting the board or protecting students.

AoD

Who'd have thought a Catholic organization would be inclined towards trying to keep sensitive information from getting out?

Soks needs to drop out immediately, if not sooner. The voting choices, and outcomes, need to become as clear as possible. If Soks supporters migrate to Tory in the next poll, then Chow should fold and declare her support for Tory--who'll need as much time as possible to segue into a more moderate position (which shouldn't be hard for him). This is really the only way that I can see the city getting out of this shitstorm.

The Fords, as far as I'm concerned, are basically low-fi terrorists, and all of the citizens of Toronto who are not with them need to unite solidly behind the candidate who has the best, perhaps only, chance of chasing them out. If that happens to be Tory, so be it. This is no longer about policy nuances, this is about survival.

I'll hold my nose and vote for Tory if I have to, but it's pretty sad if on election day our only choices are between a conservative and a mentally ill super-conservative. I mean, for an allegedly progressive city, that's pretty bad.

And is it just me, or does it seem that the school and the board did not do a great job of protecting the students and the integrity of the education system?

No, they didn't, and that's why they wanted these documents kept under wraps---not to protect Ford but to cover up their complicity. This bullshit story now about "isolated incidents" is about as plausible as the "quasi-employee" defence.

Anyone who ever lets run through their mind the possibility that Towhey is some kind of hero for finally saying enough is enough when Ford wouldn't resign and tried to hold a pizza party should keep a copy of this letter and the ITO handy...

Towhey is a complete scumbag. He was more than happy to enable and cover up for Ford to his heart's content. He only jumped ship when he realized that if he stayed in any longer, that some of the shit might stick to him.

Why are so many of you eager to hop on board the pundit/whatever "consensus" that Tory is the presumed winner? Why the perceived urgency to coalesce around him already? It's still a long way from Election Day. There's no rush. Chow's campaign has been more "disappointing" than Tory's, only insofar as expectations were that much higher for her. Tory is about the least inspiring political figure imaginable.

Vote for whoever you think would be the best, most effective mayor. And encourage others to do the same. That is all.

Towhey is a complete scumbag. He was more than happy to enable and cover up for Ford to his heart's content. He only jumped ship when he realized that if he stayed in any longer, that some of the shit might stick to him.

... and landed directly on a high-profile gig at one of the city's fine right-wing media outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back