532     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 362     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life advice from Rob Ford??

goldsbie 12:25pm via Twitter for Android
Up in the Council Chambers, Rob Ford gives life advice to a handful of Ryerson journalism frosh.

He preached the values of moderation and restraint. Says sometimes you have to sacrifice things, say "no" to partying.

I'm with you. All the calls to the house by Police and Paramedics. Reports that include drug use. Reports that he's beating up the wife.

Bill Blair turns around and signs a document saying he has is
"satisfied that there is nothing that precludes him from working with members in the vulnerable sector"

I sure as heck wouldn't put my name on that.

A vulnerable sector check is mailed to the house of the person requesting it. The document is then given to the school or whoever wanted it. So where is Rob's completed VSC? Either he rushed it through Blair without using proper channels, or his record isn't clean and that's why Blair wrote a letter for him. Either way something stinks.

ETA - you or I would not pass the check with the problems Ford had (notably numerous domestic calls), but the Chief did him a favour because he didn't want to rock the boat.

On the other hand, what records was Blair supposed to review? If the policy only asked about arrests, then Rob's application conformed to the policy. What else is Blair going to say? He can't go spilling details, unprompted.

Life advice from Rob Ford??

Up in the Council Chambers, Rob Ford gives life advice to a handful of Ryerson journalism frosh.

He preached the values of moderation and restraint. Says sometimes you have to sacrifice things, say "no" to partying.

Yes, he is the paragon of moderation and restraint. He can use some physical ones.

Scaberian:

Classical FM? 96.3? That's Zoomers for their old folks demographic. You'd hear ads for funeral insurance, adult diapers, etc. It's real lovely.

AoD

Last edited:
I'm slowly working my way through the stuff released about Don Bosco. Imagine the hours that were wasted trying to cover their asses while keeping little Robbie happy. On page 24, it outlines how Rob showed up drunk, got into verbal confrontations and yet nobody called the cops. Didn't bother them that he was driving drunk. No wonder they didn't want this stuff released, it makes them look like idiots. No surprise there.

A vulnerable sector check is mailed to the house of the person requesting it. The document is then given to the school or whoever wanted it. So where is Rob's completed VSC? Either he rushed it through Blair without using proper channels, or his record isn't clean and that's why Blair wrote a letter for him. Either way something stinks.

I was thinking the same thing. Clearly the 911 reports exist. A review of only a few of the incidents would reveal that the Mayor was found plastered and belligerent at the scene on multiple occasions. How about officers in the lower ranks refused to sign it and it went up the chain of command until they found someone that would.

On the other hand, what records was Blair supposed to review? If the policy only asked about arrests, then Rob's application conformed to the policy. What else is Blair going to say? He can't go spilling details, unprompted.

All he has to say is "refused"

I'm slowly working my way through the stuff released about Don Bosco. Imagine the hours that were wasted trying to cover their asses while keeping little Robbie happy. On page 24, it outlines how Rob showed up drunk, got into verbal confrontations and yet nobody called the cops. Didn't bother them that he was driving drunk. No wonder they didn't want this stuff released, it makes them look like idiots. No surprise there.

Alas, there are no shower incidences. 110 Shades of Grey would still be a great title for a Robbie memoir about his football years.

Last edited:
Vulnerable Sector is much more detailed than a regular Criminal Background Check. Lots of regular folks have been penalized for simply being a "person of interest", while Rob has been actually arrested for domestic abuse. Yes, the charges were dropped, but he has had many calls to the house for domestic issues. I really doubt that anyone else with Rob's record would have received a clear check, that's why Blair wrote him a letter.

this again
BwI59YxIQAEYSAt.jpg

expect more dancing gifs and videos :rolleyes:

Vulnerable Sector is much more detailed than a regular Criminal Background Check. Lots of regular folks have been penalized for simply being a "person of interest", while Rob has been actually arrested for domestic abuse. Yes, the charges were dropped, but he has had many calls to the house for domestic issues. I really doubt that anyone else with Rob's record would have received a clear check, that's why Blair wrote him a letter.

Thanks for the info, patty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back