5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 727     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised. Pizza and sandwiches are for the average Joes like Ford. I mean, only an elitist would eat at, say, Harbour Sixty. Maybe even name it as their favourite.

beer.jpg

https://twitter.com/MaryamSun1/status/502608501492162560

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 699

Attachments

• pic_unnaturally-political_082114_A.jpg
    pic_unnaturally-political_082114_A.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 700
i'd say it should be past tense, but...

Rob Ford’s wealth should go into a blind trust

Politically, Mr. Ford appears to have taken full advantage of the grey zone to the benefit of some of Deco’s clients. Whether his actions are technically against the law remains an open question. Other politicians have put their businesses in a blind trust, as Paul Martin did before he became the federal minister of finance. That’s because most politicians understand that even the appearance of a conflict of interest can have a deleterious effect on the public’s trust in them. The issue boils down to one of integrity and common sense. Unfortunately, Mr. Ford has shown himself to have precious little of either.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...should-go-into-a-blind-trust/article20161597/

Too soon! ;) I'll watch\read rofo's pizza party high lites a bit later, because I'm browsing multiple tabs here. RE: debate, so far at least and this is just my impression etc. They look pretty bored\tired during the lull in between. Maybe they're conserving their energy. On a more positive front, no circus drama. I'm biased towards Socks, and I like his improved energy and debating skills. Almost boringly normal, it's like I'm going through crackbear withdrawal here!

Yet Soks does have a few heritage black marks to be considered--re his handling of the Downsview hangars business, *maybe* Guild Inn, etc...

But of course: the theme of the evening might as well be FORD TO HERITAGE--DROP DEAD.

I'd also like to know what kinds of celebs/luminaries there were at the Ford do--and of course, how many of them were Toronto residents (were those who planned to attend the Vaughan fundraising given a special deal?)

I think RoFo bailed on tonight's debate when he realized the format required him to do homework instead of sprouting soundbites. All three candidates prepared thoughtful answers to questions that were given out earlier. Somehow I can't see RoFo or anyone on his team doing that. He'll be like a fish out of water.

Hence the short notice for this "intimate and elegant affair". Kind of kill two birds with one stone.

I think RoFo bailed on tonight's debate when he realized the format required him to do homework instead of sprouting soundbites. All three candidates prepared thoughtful answers to questions that were given out earlier. Somehow I can't see RoFo or anyone on his team doing that. He'll be like a fish out of water.

Hence the short notice for this "intimate and elegant affair". Kind of kill two birds with one stone.

i prefer... get two birds stoned at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back