714     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 646     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 547     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford's life would be simple, if not for those raccoons.

While I agree, unfortunately this can set up a Fordian Moebius strip loop scenario.

"...Maybe you're perfect, but I'm not perfect. I'm sorry a billion times, that you're offended and such. The important thing is that we are moving forward. There's no time to think when you're in this situation, I'm not a thinker, I'm a do-er. Jobways jobways jobways."

Is this going to be a twenty minute diatribe against our lawless racoons? Squirrels need to take some responsibility for their actions, too.

reporterdonpeat 7:07pm via Twitter Web Client
Rob Ford having another 9 a.m. press conference at his Etobicoke campaign office tomorrow.

Thank you all for much-needed laffs. Couldn't possibly quote all the clever sallies that made me chuckle, but these are a great representative sample. :D

This young raccoon showed up in the yard one day, semi-tame. She would come by almost everyday and visit. One day I woke up to find her peaking in my bedroom door :). Yeah she started to break in. She had tendency to sneak up on me at night when I was sitting outside, and grab my leg (um yeah I jumped and screamed every time). Called Animal Services and they wanted to put her down, saying she wouldn't survive. But she did and she had babies. I'm not thrilled about the raccoon problem, but since the subject is being discussed, thought I would share :).

I kind of love her :]

Some time ago someone posted an article saying things were getting 'better' on Dixon, but not tonight...
@FirstNewsGTA 56m
BREAKING: shooting. Dixon Rd and Islington Av area. Male shot. All emergency services on scene. @TorontoPolice on scene. More to follow.

‏@LateNightCam 20m
I found a man who had been shot. He was lying behind a building on Dixon Rd. TPS stayed on line with me until officers arrived. #cbcto

fwiw...

Man 'lucky' to survive shooting: Toronto Police

“Considering the number of gunshots wounds, he’s lucky,†Sidhu said.

Police are seeking two suspects seen fleeing the area. No description was available.

The Gangs and Guns Squad were called to the scene to help investigate, however Sidhu would not say if the shooting was gang related.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/18/man-lucky-to-survive-shooting-toronto-police

but now there's also...

Man dead in Jane-Eglinton double shooting

Toronto Police Det.-Sgt. Hank Idsinga from the homicide squad said he believes the two men were victims of a targeted shooting that "may be" gang-related.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/18/man-dead-in-jane-eglinton-shooting

I just want to say that Ford's manner in that raccoon video is about halfway to the murder rant video. He seems totally out of it one second, barely containing agitation the next. Lucky for him, he manages to pull it back together once he realizes the press are laughing at him. This is after showing up to City Hall at 12:54 on a Monday with no explanation of his whereabouts beforehand. If he was ever on the wagon, he's off now.

agreed. there's a good chance he's not only getting over the night before, but also took something to "make it through" the day.. his eye flutters make me think a stimulant of some sort.

'This is going great; let’s go meet my mom': B.C. Lions' Iannuzzi has whirlwind weekend with Rob Ford

“I’m walking down the street by his group and I asked him if he was coming to the game tomorrow,” began the B.C. Lions receiver after his team had finished off the Toronto Argonauts 33-17 Sunday.

“He tells me to jump into his car and gets me a table at a restaurant. Then he says ‘let’s meet for brunch’ (Sunday). We go to this nice little place in an upper-class neighbourhood. He said ‘this is going great; let’s go meet my mom.’ We also go to his office.”

To back up his adventure, Iannuzzi posted pictures of him and Ford on his Twitter account.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/T...irlwind+weekend+with+Ford/10126487/story.html

also from today...

Fact #32: Doug Ford Sr. did not, as his family claims, swim Lake Ontario with Marilyn Bell

Why should I care?
This is far from the biggest lie that Rob and Doug Ford have told, but it's a very telling one. The family took a credible story (dad was a competitive swimmer) and then layered on fabrication after fabrication until you end up with a heroic legend (dad participated in the most famous marathon swim race in history!). Either Doug Sr. is some sort of Canadian Forrest Gump, or the Ford family keeps enough revisionist historians on retainer to make North Korea proud.

Rob and Doug should know that the story never happened. Family matriarch Diane Ford must have certainly known better, especially since she met her husband through swimming. None of them appear to have spent much time correcting or explaining the various versions of the story. And that's why it's relevant - if the Ford boys are willing to make up and/or be complicit in the fictionalization of their childhood hero and political inspiration, why should we trust him to tell the truth about anything else?

http://www.robfordfacts.ca/2014/08/fact-32-doug-ford-sr-did-not-as-his.html

Ford wants to put brakes on councillors' free TTC ride

1297596183928_ORIGINAL.jpg

Councillor Paula Fletcher accused Ford of “being a desperate man” by raising the issue.

“He’s just a desperate man, a desperate mayor looking for a hook,” Fletcher said. “It’s a sad state of affairs.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/18/ford-wants-to-put-brakes-on-councillors-free-ttc-ride

Attachments

• 1297596183928_ORIGINAL.jpg
    1297596183928_ORIGINAL.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 995
also from today...

Fact #32: Doug Ford Sr. did not, as his family claims, swim Lake Ontario with Marilyn Bell

http://www.robfordfacts.ca/2014/08/fact-32-doug-ford-sr-did-not-as-his.html

Not really a fan of this. Lots of families have exaggerated tales of family history (apparently, I had a great-grand uncle who killed a bull with one punch to the head... or something like that :p). This just looks like petty piling on of Ford haters against his entire family, rather than focusing on what is wrong with him as a mayor and Doug as councillor.

agreed. there's a good chance he's not only getting over the night before, but also took something to "make it through" the day.. his eye flutters make me think a stimulant of some sort.

He's definitely multiple days into a binge. He would need a solid three days in hibernation in order to straighten out sober. With his schedule that's unlikely to happen. If I were in his shoes I'd be doing crystal.

No matter what he's on, if he keeps going without a couple days off, he'll eventually be talking gibberish at some point.

Last edited:

Thank you for bringing this up. So here's a CTV clip of the news conference re: Ford talking about TTC, reactive thinking I've been here for 14 years, and racoons.
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/rob-ford-shares-raccoon-anecdotes-at-news-conference-1.1964685

Now it made me wonder about something, even though I saw it I didn't mention it at first because I'm still kinda discombobulated with 'did he just say that?'. And the bizarre talk of Ford standing up against the Racoons, which admittedly brought out some adorable pics of semi tame ones from this forum.

Anyway, I just want to be clear in understanding what he said. Around the 3:15 mark, Rob is talking about the mayor\councilor\ free TTC pass, and he's basically talking about gravy etc. But seems like he's saying politicians, councilors, and mayors should not get on the bus\TTC for free, and he even seem to let that be the last point before he opened the floor to questions from reporters.

My question is 2 parts. Is this the same mayor that pulled a TTC bus off it's route, kicked off paying passengers, so he and his beloved football team can use it?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...to-pick-up-rob-ford-s-football-team-1.1265049

Second, did any journalists brought up that TTC bus for his football team incident in that presser, considering Rofo just claimed he's against any politicians using TTC vehicles for free, or did I just miss it? There was a cell phone ring that went off when Rofo asked 'any questions?' to the reporters, is ringing a bell enough to distract most TO reporters\journalist in this era?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back