822     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 735     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 566     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
TPS seems to have some skills at investigating internet threats when they are interested. The guy that offered a case of beer in exchange for throwing food at Rob surrendered within 24 hours. An email threat to blow up the entire City Hall results in? Well, nothing so far! Its been close to 24 hours and then can't even get the dogs over there to sniff around. I can think of only one person that could send out an email like that and not get charged.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1477521/m...ost-offering-beer-if-food-thrown-at-rob-ford/

It has super-wonky margins. You have to deliberately set the margins like that in a word processor for them to look like that.

So maybe Doug copy-pasted the body of the e-mail into Word and since his computer skills are only marginally better than Rob's, the upper and right margins are really narrow?

Note to Ford brothers: This is only a municipal election. We have them every four years. The apocalypse will not begin because you lost. Please end this nonsense before someone gets hurt.

I would think someone is, at least, facing a public mischief charge.

If there was no real outside threat and the Fords (as seems to be the opinion/hope of the readers of this board) just made this up...then they ran the risk of causing a public panic in and around City Hall.....that would be an illegal act if proved.

Alternatively, if the threatening letter/email is real (even if the threat itself turned out not to be so) and can be traced somehow then that person ran the same risk.

I doubt that TPS will just let this sit without investigating which direction they are going to go with this.

@AriGoldkind 1h
Rob Ford was initially very excited over what he thought was a "bong threat" at City Hall today. #TOpoli
;)

I just saw the front cover of the Toronto Sun and I feel ill. I didn't read the article but if Mikey can be in first place without even opening his mouth once, something is seriously wrong with Etobicoke. How do these people know this kid isn't dumb as a rock or seriously messed up, if they haven't heard a word from him? It just blows my mind how a whole riding could be so blinded by the name Ford, that they'd vote for anyone in that family, without knowing what that person is about. The guy is 20 years old for Christ's sake and with no accomplishments or involvement with politics or the community. How has this kid proven himself or even justified his ability to do the job? (or even communicate on a competent level) I'm just appalled!

sorry if this has already been said (since i'm catching up) but i gotta get this out.

this upcoming mayoral election is the 1st municipal election that mikey can vote in. i.e. he's never even voted municipally, yet he's on the ballot. there's nothing in the rules that says you can't do that, but it still sits weird with me.

sorry if this has already been said (since i'm catching up) but i gotta get this out.

this upcoming mayoral election is the 1st municipal election that mikey can vote in. i.e. he's never even voted municipally, yet he's on the ballot. there's nothing in the rules that says you can't do that, but it still sits weird with me.

Not unique......Charmaine Borg was 20 when she was elected as the NDP candidate for Terrebonne-Blaineville in Quebec and I think she is only the 3rd youngest member of the current parliament.....if so there are 3 people at Parliament Hill who voted and won their first ever elections.

I worked in a building years ago that had a bomb threat. We were evacuated immediately. We weren't allowed to go to our lockers, just straight down the stairs, out the door and we had to stand in an area about a block away from the building. Something really stinks here. If this happened last night, why was Doug even in the building this morning? Rob came late but Doug has nothing to gain since he's done after this term. Why even show up if you think this is legit?

was there a bomb? was it a government building?

So, either it was a fake threat - for which any ordinary citizen who pulled such a stunt would have the book thrown at them - or it was real, in which case (a.) Mayor Assclown is trying to exploit the situation for personal gain, and (b.) nobody else who works at City Hall was given so much as a hint of warning about it until well after the fact. Oh, and the Fords completely shattered all legitimate protocols by announcing it to the world as they did. Which - again - would likely have certain unhappy consequences for any ordinary person, but which never seems to happen to them.

If any members of the media happen to be perusing this thread, may this one humbly suggest that investigating the story from these angles may well prove profitable? Hell, doing a story specifically on all the questionable 'threats' the Fords have received that "just happened" to coincide with very convenient timing - for them - could make for some interesting reading, as well.

Steven D'Souza ‏@cbcsteve 59m
A police dog bomb-sniffing dog just entered the Mayor's office

Too bad the dog is just sniffing for bombs. I wonder if they're ever trained for double duty, like bombs and drugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back