5.3K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 745     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it a big deal if Tory has a chauffeur?

Because Doug wants you to think it is extravagant and if Tory is an extravagant spender he'll happily be the conductor on the gravy train too. Such is the addled mind of DF.

ETA: ya, what he ^ said. :)

And maybe Soknacki isn't the guy, maybe he doesn't have the qualities that made Neshi successful, but we can't have someone fresh come along unless we're willing to give candidates like him the chance. It was decided a year and a half ago that Chow and Tory were the only ones we could be certain could save us from Ford. They pretty much made us beg them to join the race, although it never really seemed in doubt that either of them would run for Mayor. But they're a lot like Smitherman, party insiders stepping in from above who prove in the bright light of the campaign to be uninspiring, weak in the face of Ford's lies and piggishness. It's sad given the insult that is the Fords to any notion of Toronto as a progressive city, that Chow and Tory are the only alternatives we could imagine.

Spot on!

Bell's Palsy-like paralysis similar to what happened to Jean Cretien.

I thought she revealed at the time that it was in fact Bell's palsy (not that that prevents Ford Nation from claiming it was a stroke or even Botox).

By: Alex Consiglio and Lesley Ciarula Taylor Staff Reporter, Toronto Star Fri Jan 04 2013 excerpt:

"Chow announced Friday she is recovering from a virus that partially paralyzed her face, stressing it will not impede her work once the House of Commons resumes Jan. 28.

“I don’t need my facial expression to do my work,†said Chow, 55, at her Toronto constituency office. “You just need to get used to my face.â€

Chow, her lower lip sagging and her speech slurred, said because she caught the virus early, over the holidays, she was able to beat it within seven days.

Her doctor prescribed a week’s worth of steroids and antiviral meds, and the virus vanished, but not before leaving its mark, she said.
Other than not being able to smile, or put her left contact lens in, Chow said the paralysis has no other side effects on her and she’s in no pain.

Chow’s current condition, on the left side of her face, is similar to Bell’s Palsy, which afflicted former prime minister Jean Chrétien."

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/01/04/olivia_chow_suffers_facial_paralysis.html

Oh no, even CP24 has turned on Ford:

Don Peat
‏@reporterdonpeat
Mayor Rob Ford on @CP24 accusing @CP24 of "spinning it in the way you like to spin it" #TOpoli

Oh no, even CP24 has turned on Ford:

Don Peat
‏@reporterdonpeat
Mayor Rob Ford on @CP24 accusing @CP24 of "spinning it in the way you like to spin it" #TOpoli

I guess that was his response to being asking about 'hug a thug'

Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 7m
Reporter asks about his stated objection to "hug-a-thug" programs. Ford accuses her of spinning the issue.

Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 15m

Reporter tries to ask about Ford's own connections to gang activity. He walks away.

Glad to see the media is trying to hold Rob's feet to the fire. He bought crack from gangbangers with guns. He is part of the problem.

Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 15m

Reporter tries to ask about Ford's own connections to gang activity. He walks away.

Glad to see the media is trying to hold Rob's feet to the fire. He bought crack from gangbangers with guns. He is part of the problem.

It's pretty disgusting for him to go in and claim that he "noticed the problem" in Rexdale and cleaned it up when he was very much involved in the criminality in the area.

AoD

Reminds me of what Al Capone was quoted as saying about gangsters with guns about 85 years ago: "When I sell liquor, it's called bootlegging; when my patrons serve it on Lake Shore Drive, it's called hospitality."

"Mayor Ford just arrived at Danzig memorial. CP24 reporter trying to get his attention, but he's busy taking selfies"
https://twitter.com/annhui/status/489492489607610368

Offhand, I can only think of two CP24 reporters that can credibly call themselves that, when covering the Fords.
Stephanie Smyth, and Katie Simpson.

I wanted to throw my shoe when George Logagianes asked the wino MINO, back from the Kimmel's appearance,
if Rofo was going to have Kimmel stay over at Ford's house. Someone please resurrect Electric Circus,
so Logagianes can be sent back there. Le Drew can co-host with him too.

Anyhow. I wouldn't underestimate RoFo even now. He still has the ability to get an emotional reaction from people.
Whether that's intense loathing, or delusional devotion, might be another matter.
But name recognition is still a factor I think.

I do hope Dofo continues to run his mouth off for the whole camping period however.
If the Ford's numbers plummets even more, it will likely be thanks to Thug's efforts.
I'd rather not vote strategically, but it's not off the table for me.
Last time I voted my conscience, Lyin' King became mayor.

Last edited:
Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr 15m

Not only did he buy it but smoked it with them while they were filming....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back