598     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

Ford Sobriety Coach @notbobmarier
I'm a little hurt that more people don't get that the 12 steps are a gravy train. I am saving you billions #TOpoli

Marier has been clean 10 years, but yet was arrested for assaulting a gas station owner for urinating near the property 8 years ago.

So either he hasn't been clean for 10 years, or he is walking around supposedly in recovery but still urinating in public.

I guess Public Urinators Anonymous is a tougher program to get through than AA.

This quote from the end of this morning's Globe article got me thinking:

Bob’s doing a good job,†the mayor’s brother, Doug Ford, said Friday. “He’s not going to be around forever. I don’t even know what the time frame is, either. But he’s doing a good job.â€

Because it raises the question of who exactly is paying this guy. Surely by now the family has taken away any control Rob would have over significant sums of money, which means the family (or maybe even the campaign) paid for the rehab and is writing the ongong cheques for the coach.

In either case, Doug would know exactly what the time frame is.

Which led me to my second mini-epiphany of the morning. Rob was at the Money Mart in Midland during his rehab for the simple reason that he had no money and no credit cards. He wasn't sending money, he was receiving money.

Which led me to my second mini-epiphany of the morning. Rob was at the Money Mart in Midland during his rehab for the simple reason that he had no money and no credit cards. He wasn't sending money, he was receiving money.

Giving up money and credit cards is a pretty common tool in early recovery, especially for cocaine addiction. It makes it that much harder to go get drugs.

For a lot of cocaine addicts, money is a serious trigger as people often get paid on friday then go use until they run out of money.

wow, a lot of negative backlash to that interview. I don't know how much the campain is paying Silverstein, but it's a waste. 'Bobby' comes across to me in that article as unlikeable at best, and seriously dodgy at worst. The timelines about his sobriety don't add up, and his criminal past sounds dubious. Really, I consider myself an average guy, and neither I nor my friends and family have been to court for bouncing cheques or getting in fights. Where does Rob find these guys?

Again with the strange habit of giving a public interview to a paper, but then not wanting to be candid about anything important. You don't want to talk about it? Why sit down with the Globe? What kind of professional sobriety coach gives on-the-record interviews with Canada's second-largest newspaper?

There's also a lot of rationalization and 'no big deal' stuff going on there. I'm no addiction expert, but he seems to want to brush a lot of things off as "dealt with" or "in the past." Wouldn't the nature of his "major drug accident" be exactly the kind of thing that a recovering addict/coach would want to talk about? Wouldn't confronting responsibility for the public urination/fight be a big part of his recovery?

Another PR coup for the best camping team in the world. . .

Marier has been clean 10 years, but yet was arrested for assaulting a gas station owner for urinating near the property 8 years ago.

So either he hasn't been clean for 10 years, or he is walking around supposedly in recovery but still urinating in public.

And he was in court supposedly on the fraud charges in 2011 for fraud that occurred in 2004? I know the wheels of justice turn slowly but come on ... 7 years? Makes me wonder when the fraud actually occurred or if there were multiple occurrences.

wow, a lot of negative backlash to that interview. I don't know how much the campain is paying Silverstein, but it's a waste. 'Bobby' comes across to me in that article as unlikeable at best, and seriously dodgy at worst. The timelines about his sobriety don't add up, and his criminal past sounds dubious. Really, I consider myself an average guy, and neither I nor my friends and family have been to court for bouncing cheques or getting in fights. Where does Rob find these guys?

Thought so too - even my cousin and his father, both the worst kind of alcoholics there are (severe blackouts and ability to drink until being hospitalized) were always more internal. They got into fights but it was always small time stuff.
Never committed severe crimes. They were still just guys. Only drunk guys.
Even another family member would get arrested for regular fighting or falling into glass windows and such, never robbing or trying to hurt others.

This bob has a whole other level of entitlement and psychopathy.

So now we have someone with a record of criminality gaining access to city hall and corporate security have absolutely nothing to say about it?

AoD

Wouldn't the nature of his "major drug accident" be exactly the kind of thing that a recovering addict/coach would want to talk about?

Spot on. That part was my big takeaway too, very smelly indeed. I can't think of a logical reason why someone claiming to want to help others kick their addictions would have a problem saying "I overdosed and almost died" and sharing the story, whatever it is.

So now we have someone with a record of criminality gaining access to city hall and corporate security have absolutely nothing to say about it?

AoD

I picture the Fords as guys who enter a new venue or job or whatever and they get to as many folks as possible to scare them or charm them into being on side. My guess is that many are enjoying their bags of weed or are too scared of backlash to say a word.

Too bad cause this is the best time to spill on them or get them cornered.

Regarding Selfies, it's simple: Rob Ford is a notorious character and a selfie with him will garner lots of attention on social media. That explains 80% of it. Only a minority are real Ford Nation citizens, I wager. Hell I think it would be funny to get my pic with Ford to show friend, if I didn't think it was immoral - i.e. feeding the delusions.

I don't think that "people voting for Ford because he's funny" is what we have to worry about. People who don't really care don't care enough to go out of their way to vote. Ford nation is full of people who actually and unbelievably think he's the best choice for mayor. That is the real worry.

Again with the strange habit of giving a public interview to a paper, but then not wanting to be candid about anything important. You don't want to talk about it? Why sit down with the Globe? What kind of professional sobriety coach gives on-the-record interviews with Canada's second-largest newspaper?

There's also a lot of rationalization and 'no big deal' stuff going on there. I'm no addiction expert, but he seems to want to brush a lot of things off as "dealt with" or "in the past." Wouldn't the nature of his "major drug accident" be exactly the kind of thing that a recovering addict/coach would want to talk about? Wouldn't confronting responsibility for the public urination/fight be a big part of his recovery?

Another PR coup for the best camping team in the world. . .

This is a classic case of spin gone wrong. Sometimes you can't win for trying lol.

Firstly, you have to address the fact that SC was reported to have kicked a protestor. This is not a positive so you either have to plead guilty with an explanation but it seems there is no explanation so it's deny, deny, deny ....

Secondly you try to humanize and gain empathy for a person who has become well known by association but not who he 'really' is. A cursory google search will show he has a varied background but no formal training (LinkedIn anyone) so how to combat that? Why tell 'his story'. He's a been there, done that kind of guy. He can both sympathize and empathize; he knows triggers and responses; he can foresee and stave off relapse. Voila! Too bad so sad for the Fords that people have had way too much experience with their modus operandi that their patterns and tendencies are too well known.

In the course of my HR work I've had a lot of experience in telling the corporate story in a positive way so I recognize the tactic when I see it, as do many of you. Wonder why the SC went to G&M and not Ford friendly sun? My guess is Silverstein knows Sun has little credibility on anything Ford related so give the story to the Globe to give it the air of credibility. I would have done that too. Too bad Torontonians are too smart for these shenanigans.

AoD

Meh, why should Bobby be discriminated against when Druggie has already set precedent with the criminal ward assistant.

ETA: and Robbie with Lisi ... How the heck did I forget about Lisi?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back