News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 739     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayor Rob Ford in 'real positive frame of mind'

Ford will leave GreeneStone treatment facility in Muskoka on June 30 and head straight to City Hall.

The mayor plans to hold a press conference that day, tentatively scheduled for 3 p.m. He will then attend events July 1 to celebrate Canada Day.

The annual Ford family cottage weekend is still planned for the weekend prior to the mayor’s exit from rehab, but Councillor Ford said he isn’t aware that the mayor would be joining them.

There is also word of a niece of Mayor Ford’s getting married in Niagara-on-the Lake on June 28, however Doug Ford said he was unaware of the ceremony.

“It may be on his wife’s side of the family,” he said. “As far as I know, no one in the Ford clan is getting married.”

[...]

Some councillors remain skeptical about the mayor’s return.

“I would like to see a letter or something from his medical doctor saying that he’s able to come back,” Mike Del Grande said. “His say-so, I don’t think, would be enough.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/06/17/mayor-rob-ford-in-real-positive-frame-of-mind

Mayor Rob Ford seems humbled but still thinks he can win election

No one is really sure what to expect June 30 when Mayor Rob Ford leaves Muskoka en route for the city in which he is the elected chief magistrate.

Not even Ford himself.

[...]

My sources tell me it was a bit of a rocky settling for the mayor in the first couple of weeks, which is normal for someone in his situation.

But he did settle in.

"I have been in here with him and I can tell you the mayor is doing great," said a former professional athlete who is at GreeneStone with Ford. "And I can tell you he makes a mean cup of coffee."

The mayor, the athlete and others gathered around the TV in the last week to watch the election results, some World Cup soccer and, of course, the exciting double-overtime Stanley Cup-winning game.

Will Mayor Ford pull out the same kind of victories they witnessed on TV? The athlete told me over the phone that the staff and patients at GreeneStone are rooting for Ford.

"People are going to be impressed because he has lost some weight and is looking terrific," he said.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2014/06/20140617-201232.html

Interesting how things come full circle.
Last summer I was speculating on here that RoFo and the murder of Anthony Smith might somehow be connected to Dellen Millard.
People thought I had invested too heavily in tinfoil penny stocks.
And now, it comes back again via websleuths.

TheDailyShow 9:00pm via TweetDeck
#TDSBreakingNews Rob Ford to return to work June 30th. Per terms of his sobriety, crack will no longer be stocked in office vending machine.

His sources? Riiiiight. And Doug said he'd be speaking to each media outlet, now it's just a presser, on a quiet day that falls on a probable long weekend since Canada Day falls on a Tuesday. What a crock.

We know exactly what the mayor will say to reporters on his return. I'm sure anyone on this thread would be able to write Rob's talking points...

Does he have more than one office? Doug and his staff have been going into his office which is behind the reception area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back