289     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 422     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 498     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the thing is: from all appearances, Rob Ford has no Plan B, careerwise. I can't picture him sitting on boards or doing similar stuff "ex-politicians" do. Indeed, if it weren't for the family parachute, I can see him reduced to being a tow truck driver, a taxi driver, a messenger, etc. (And certainly not a football coach.)

Please keep him off the roads in your alternate reality.

Please keep him off the roads in your alternate reality.

Yes, perhaps driving jobs or operating dangerous machinery might not be a good idea.

But the thing is: from all appearances, Rob Ford has no Plan B, careerwise. I can't picture him sitting on boards or doing similar stuff "ex-politicians" do. Indeed, if it weren't for the family parachute, I can see him reduced to being a tow truck driver, a taxi driver, a messenger, etc. (And certainly not a football coach.)

For comparison with his predecessor.

David Miller's post mayoral career ( From Wikipedia ) "Following his term as mayor, Miller rejoined the law firm of Aird & Berlis LLP where he specializes in international business and sustainability. He splits his time between Toronto and Brooklyn, New York where he accepted a three-year appointment at the Polytechnic Institute of New York University as Future of Cities Global Fellow and will teach courses on finding technological solutions to urban problems."

Ha, if the Fords hired them, it's about 1 year too late..

She was missing Feb to Nov then all the sudden cops tell me they can't talk about it. I press and ask so has alert been called off? Yes it's been called off they say, but they don't notify the public.

Add me to the folks who have always had a bad feeling about this. And Anthony Smith.

Well, it's beyond me. I won't touch bubble girl, but I feel bad for Muskoka chair.

View attachment 26922

Have I mentioned how much I love you guys?

Did anyone else pick up on the weirdness of McRobb apparently going to GreeneStone for only a week or two to dry out? It's a private facility which much cost $$$ per day, and I've never heard of a one or two week rehab.

Renata must be steaming at this. Who lends their vehicle to someone they've known a week, from a rehab?

For comparison with his predecessor.

David Miller's post mayoral career ( From Wikipedia ) "Following his term as mayor, Miller rejoined the law firm of Aird & Berlis LLP where he specializes in international business and sustainability. He splits his time between Toronto and Brooklyn, New York where he accepted a three-year appointment at the Polytechnic Institute of New York University as Future of Cities Global Fellow and will teach courses on finding technological solutions to urban problems."

Elitist.

Did anyone else pick up on the weirdness of McRobb apparently going to GreeneStone for only a week or two to dry out? It's a private facility which much cost $$$ per day, and I've never heard of a one or two week rehab.

Renata must be steaming at this. Who lends their vehicle to someone they've known a week, from a rehab?

"Wait till Renata sees photo of "rival" with AK-47! She'll have her own "heat" 2 welcome him home!"
https://twitter.com/comedyproshop/status/469523623167139840

Good point about Ms. McRobb's ( love that name, couldn't have made up a better one ) rather short stay at the pricey rehab.

Last edited:

You are right. I mean outside of politics or working at his family business, I don't see what else this guy can do. I mean the guy has no post secondary education and with his antics during his time as mayor, which private company would give this guy a job? Which organization would even want to associate themselves with this guy? I guess he could always start a football camp for ex crackhead mayors.

You are right. I mean outside of politics or working at his family business, I don't see what else this guy can do. I mean the guy has no post secondary education and with his antics during his time as mayor, which private company would give this guy a job? Which organization would even want to associate themselves with this guy? I guess he could always start a football camp for ex crackhead mayors.
I honestly don't think he's going to make it, to have another career.
But if his insane luck holds, he could milk the reality show/talk show circuit.....if they will let him back in the country.
In the best of all possible worlds, he will be mayor of prison, for a very long time.

Back to Dawe for a second. This Facebook profile that suddenly appeared in November after the Star started asking cops questions. You see the profile pic of her supposedly in Asia. There's not one comment on it. If you were missing for almost a year and then suddenly appeared on Facebook to show you're alive and well in Asia wouldn't there be tons of comments from friends and family saying glad you're ok on that profile pic? I suspect cops created this profile for some reason!

I'll throw this out there for anyone with more Google-Fu and battery life than I have left tonight. The profile pic on Dawe's Facebook page has six likes. One of the names Google-links to a friend seeking information on her disappearance through Twitter. Another is a Thai name. I couldn't turn up any easy links on the others, except for one seeming to be from Ontario. Also, current location now shows as Daegu, South Korea. Can anyone find more dots out there to put together?

https://www.facebook.com/jaclyn.dawe

And on another random side -- according to this she's signed up for a Shakespeare in the Park event in Daegu on May 31!?

http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Ellietiger-Paw-Marathon-to-Shakespeare

Last edited:
RE: Jaclyn Dawe facebook

She's a member of a bunch of groups, a lot in the for Daegu specifically. I looked at one, KAPS: Daegu Dog Walking Club and checked out a few of the posts to see if she had liked, or commented on any. There's also a "seen" option.
Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 11.10.53 PM.jpg

That post is from April 27th. The "having no friends" thing could be explained by having really high privacy settings, couldn't it? Maybe she does a lot on her fb, and we just can't see it. Or if it is a fake profile, the people are doing a good job of randomly making it seem active.

Here's a post she liked
Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 11.16.08 PM.jpg

There's also a post that she shows up on "seen" from May 8th.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 11.10.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 11.10.53 PM.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,073
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 11.16.08 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 11.16.08 PM.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,074
Last edited:
Ford just doesn't seem to be paying any dues or facing any penalties, life is jolly, I'm on vacay, just can't get high.

Agreed. I was thinking about the person I spoke to last night and some of his comments. It makes sense that Ford is enjoying himself. Greenestone kindof is like being at camp for grownups. He's away from the job he hates, never wanted and is terrible at, the overbearing family, the toxic marriage, the stress of having his kids taken away. He's getting all his food made for him, he gets to go out on road trips and get selfies, he's meeting single women, possibly getting high/drunk on Tuesday nights. He is still 100% on campaigning when he gets back, so it's obvious he hasn't done any deep work. Essentially, he gets to escape his life without using drugs.

Man, the fall really is setting up to be epic when he comes back to town to face his life.

The fact that he still has 32% disgusts me. He could totally rebound from this and win the election. Ford is far from done.

It's a Forum poll. I think that it probably shows that some of his ardent base is falling off.

ETA: Keep in mind as well that "Support" and "Voting for" are two different numbers. 32% support for a sitting mayor is genuinely godawful.

Last edited:

This thought came into my head when McRobb surfaced and it became clear she likes married men with status and $$: that she went to Greenestone when she found out Ford was there, for some fun and excitement in her life. She's not shy, right? Which means she goes for what she wants. Ok farfetched I know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back