893     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 799     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 584     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The family has a "cottage" between Bala and Port Carling. Sorta handy...

That's the northern way from Bala to Bracebridge. The Gravenhurst stop suggest they took the southern route, and/or circled the lake. If they needed a BMO, my bet is they tried Bala, then Gravenhurst, then Bracebridge, which actually has a BMO. Perhaps I'm reading to much into the whole BMO thing though!

At the same time, it doesn't seem like he did much time, if any. Apparently by 1994, he was to the US in 1996. And if he did go to trial in the US and was convicted, it's hard to imagine he'd have been out of jail long enough to be president at Greenestone for six years. (Christopher Breen, his co-defendant, ).

Can't wait to see what the reporters dig up!

Never mind. Entitled rich guys in Canada get away with every fucking thing. Not hard to see how Ford ended up in his joke of a rehab.

The Buffalo News Archives

FORMER LAW STUDENT GETS 20-YEAR DRUG SENTENCE

Published on March 16, 2000
© The Buffalo News Inc.
A former law student from Orchard Park who represented himself at his drug trial has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Christopher Breen, 40, was convicted in December of one count of conspiracy and eight counts of possession with intent to distribute more than 600 pounds of marijuana and more than 40 pounds of cocaine.
U.S. District Judge Charles J. Siragusa imposed the sentence Wednesday.

Breen's former law professor, Boyd Blair McKinney, 51, of San Diego, also was tried, but the jury failed to reach a verdict in his case. It is unknown whether prosecutors intend to retry McKinney.
A third defendant, Shawn Leon, 40, of Toronto, was acquitted.
The marijuana was seized in Buffalo, and some of the cocaine ended up in Toronto, prosecutors said.
Breen had refused to accept a court-appointed lawyer.

Canadian charges were stayed in favour of the extradition, even though he was CAUGHT with 8 kilos of coke. Bet he was never tried in Canada.

My beef with CAMH is that they offer responsible drinking courses to addicts.

I think that is highly Irresponsible and gives addicts hope that they can drink again.

As someone who has relapsed a few times while thinking I could have a few here or there (instantly back to my old ways if not worse), I think that program is incredibly dangerous.

I think you're mistaken. They do use harm reduction strategies, because they've been shown to be effective, but they don't teach "responsible drinking" classes.

According to this report, Ford told someone he met today that he had completed two weeks of rehab and had six more to go.
Also, an employee at the dry cleaners clarifies that Ford was bringing clothes in to be repaired (perhaps instead of - or in addition to - being cleaned):

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/05/16/mayor-ford-spotted-in-bracebridge-report/

Sigh. The mayor being spotted at the dry cleaners made breaking news on the 5 o'clock CBC today. This is where we are at... imagine the it-storm when he's back in Toronto. I don't think we've seen peak-crazy yet!

Yep, it's a short term distraction from more important issues now.

Squirrel!

squirrel_up_616.jpg

Attachments

• squirrel_up_616.jpg
    squirrel_up_616.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 938
I'm briefly turning off my snark and Ford-hate to remark as many others have already done on this thread: There's a lot of what you might call collateral education going on related to this story ...

Tabatha Southey ‏@TabathaSouthey 2h
Also struggling w/the notion of a doctor who’d say Ford’s sartorially motivated outing was “essential.” If this is true. I want this doctor.

piya chattopadhyay ‏@piyachatto 2h
@TabathaSouthey @crobins72ca perhaps "essential" in sense that most rehabs force patients to go out in "real world" few hours each day...

Tabatha Southey ‏@TabathaSouthey 2h
@piyachatto @crobins72ca Except they don’t, certainly not this early on, especially if the rest of what’s in that piece is remotely true.

@TabathaSouthey @crobins72ca agreed-lots of ?'s. All I'm saying it's not unusual for rehabs to let patients out few hours- even this early

@TabathaSouthey @crobins72ca I speak knowing this intimately with two different people who are very close to me and were in rehab recently

re: Camh and me slagging it

That was dumb of me.

Still don't see how that is possible but completely understand there are different levels of addiction.

Canadian charges were stayed in favour of the extradition, even though he was CAUGHT with 8 kilos of coke. Bet he was never tried in Canada.

Such excellent work, kaboi. You win win win tonight's thread.
Plus, I am sad that the Gawker anniversary wasn't marked by the thread being flooded with dancing gifs.

Last edited:
The car in Ford's driveway is a Honda CR-V. Older, dark colour. I only caught the letters of the plate. AZPE.

As I was trying to look at the car and go slowly, a white Escalade came up behind me kind of suddenly, and it was going kind of fast and made me nervous and I couldn't finish looking at the plate numbers. The white Escalade had a custom plate with one or two words but I couldn't catch what it said.

I believe this is Randy Ford's car:
8d12b4f0-debd-486a-9bc9-a8a600e1383e_500.jpg

not sure it was the same car, but it's possible.

I think the Warmington piece, and his recent interaction with the Ford brothers, suggests that there may be a fratricidal war brewing, and Joe is trying to claw his way back into Rob's camp. In fact, it's pretty obvious that Doug's the one cutting him adrift, and trying to stop Rob from contacting him. It wouldn't surprise me if somehow Doug managed to relieve Rob of his phone for the duration.

Joe must be trying all tactics - being a Ford conduit is his only media value right now, and while the Sun might keep him on as a freelance at pennies per page view, they are setting up for another round of layoffs.

JW's writing style is the laughing stock, even to Sun readers, and his credibility (stories submitted from the future, troubles with the facts, etc.) is in tatters. So without a direct line to one of the Ford's he must know that he's in trouble. I agree with Parker, he's trying to worm his way back into Rob's good books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back