5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 705     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny that Dougo says this is a 3 year old story - I don't recall it coming up before. The 2 year old story was the hash story... no, no... I think this is a new one.
It's so hard to keep all the stories straight, especially for Doug.

Isn't he campaigning on his brother's record over the last four years? Why does the fact that it happened three years ago negate its importance?

VTB:

The suggestion that Deco is a front for "other activities" isn't so farfetched now as it sounded before.

AoD

I was so happy when this article came out....I have been predicting all this to family since there was a sniff of a crack video. So happy to tell some of them to suck my tailpipe LOLOL

drugs and guns through Deco through Windsor from Chitown and Detroit (Gene knows folks lets not try to pretend)....and in my wildest dreams....Cachet girls from cuba through Florida.
ok maybe that's a bit much....

Isn't he campaigning on his brother's record over the last four years? Why does the fact that it happened three years ago negate its importance?

Dougie's playing the "what happened in the past is the past" gambit. I mean, what kind of nitpicker wants to hold folks accountable for stuff they did in the past, right?

Its funny that Dougo says this is a 3 year old story - I don't recall it coming up before. The 2 year old story was the hash story... no, no... I think this is a new one.

Actually, I do recall something being brought up with the soap company releasing crap, getting caught and the Ford bros sticking up for the company.

Come on folks, that's in the past. We're moving on.

Actually, I do recall something being brought up with the soap company releasing crap, getting caught and the Ford bros sticking up for the company.

Thank you. I too recalled a story about this company and the Fords getting involved, but couldn't find it via Google. I was begining to think I was going crazy.

I recall the meetings regarding the "soap spill" part of it and the city said it generally works with companies to straighten these things out as a preventative measure and it became a "non-story" - the tax rebate thingy is net-new.

Thank you. I too recalled a story about this company and the Fords getting involved, but couldn't find it via Google. I was begining to think I was going crazy.

It actually just came up two days ago during a brief exchange when hypr expressed some admiration for the Fords for getting into the label-making business. I have some background in environmental issues and offered that, given the nature of the business and the length of time Deco has been at their current location, there may be potential issues with soil and groundwater contamination.

Not nearly the same as the above (likely worse, especially for Deco), but in response to my little blurb Pblo posted the link to the G&M article concerning the Apollo spill:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...f-family-firm-water-officials/article5631630/

It actually just came up two days ago during a brief exchange when hypr expressed some admiration for the Fords for getting into the label-making business. I have some background in environmental issues and offered that, given the nature of the business and the length of time Deco has been at their current location, there may be potential issues with soil and groundwater contamination.

Not nearly the same as the above (likely worse, especially for Deco), but in response to my little blurb Pblo posted the link to the G&M article concerning the Apollo spill:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...f-family-firm-water-officials/article5631630/

Yes, that't the article I read (back when it was first published)

I question whether the City Manager and staff are being totally forthcoming in how they recall the dynamic. I'd think they'd twig to the suspicion that the two of them, specially concerned about this one business, have other interests involved. Does the City Manager really not know where the long-time Ford-held ward is, and where the business they're talking about is located? They're both North-West Toronto, but there's a university, a river and a couple highways in between. Everybody at the table knew what was going on, whether it was declared or not. The Ford era is distinguished by organizations and people of responsibility bending to the Fords, sometimes caving to their wishes and sometimes as a means of managing them.

Apollo is not located in ward 2, and the article mentions that this fact was "News" to Joe P. when the Globe pointed it out. However, the GM of Water, and the GM of Economic Development both went to meetings at Apollo's location. They should have known that Doug was not there in his capacity as City councillor, but as a representative of this business for one reason or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back