5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 705     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug Ford likes to say that his brother is like a rock star. The more I think about it, the more I agree with him. He's like The Rolling Stones. Not in terms of greatness or popularity or drug intake but in the way that they both get away with things. What I mean is, The Stones are notorious for being rather sloppy in concert. They make mistakes in their performances. Bum notes here and there, for example. But they get a free pass. Any other band would be criticized for being lousy live but The Stones get away with it. Just like Rob Ford. He's sloppy, he makes mistakes, etc... and he gets away with it. A different politician would have left office a long time ago. But not Rob. The Rolling Fords, ladies and gentlemen.

I question whether the City Manager and staff are being totally forthcoming in how they recall the dynamic. I'd think they'd twig to the suspicion that the two of them, specially concerned about this one business, have other interests involved. Does the City Manager really not know where the long-time Ford-held ward is, and where the business they're talking about is located? They're both North-West Toronto, but there's a university, a river and a couple highways in between. Everybody at the table knew what was going on, whether it was declared or not. The Ford era is distinguished by organizations and people of responsibility bending to the Fords, sometimes caving to their wishes and sometimes as a means of managing them.

The one business, the many meetings, Doug's involvement, insistence on site visits, etc.: 100% it should have set off warning bells in the minds of anyone involved, and probably did. So yet again at a case of people reluctant to get down in the muck with these vindictive assholes.

I mean, I'm sure the City's stance would be that technically it's the Fords' responsibility to disclose.

Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 12.13.22 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 12.13.22 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 12.13.22 PM.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 987
But no one does more for the black community...

StrashinCBC 12:22pm via Twitter for BlackBerryStrong words about Mayor Ford's racist words. Publish 3 days ago. DM Kelly -"deplorable" and Cllr Thompson says Ford needs to be "retrained"

Whoa, buddy! Let's not get ahead of ourselves. No The Facebook until he can accurately post the results of the "Which of the three Stooges are you" on Livejournal or Myspace. Baby steps towards the future.

Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 12.23.59 PM.jpg

Translation: Too true.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 12.23.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 12.23.59 PM.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 986
To me, so much of this stuff looks like attention-seeking behaviour — a deep-seated need to been seen as important people. I'm surprised that Rob and Doug haven't yet clued in to how much this psychological pathology damages them.

+1! Always trying to play the big shot.

But no one does more for the black community...

StrashinCBC 12:22pm via Twitter for BlackBerryStrong words about Mayor Ford's racist words. Publish 3 days ago. DM Kelly -"deplorable" and Cllr Thompson says Ford needs to be "retrained"

HR will ( maybe ) send / offer him for sensitivity training.

Last edited:
The guantlet has been thrown down.... Caption contest

Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 12.35.33 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 12.35.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 12.35.33 PM.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 950
Last edited:
Doug Ford likes to say that his brother is like a rock star. The more I think about it, the more I agree with him. He's like The Rolling Stones. Not in terms of greatness or popularity or drug intake but in the way that they both get away with things. What I mean is, The Stones are notorious for being rather sloppy in concert. They make mistakes in their performances. Bum notes here and there, for example. But they get a free pass. Any other band would be criticized for being lousy live but The Stones get away with it. Just like Rob Ford. He's sloppy, he makes mistakes, etc... and he gets away with it. A different politician would have left office a long time ago. But not Rob. The Rolling Fords, ladies and gentlemen.

Eh, with drug intake, I think maybe Robbie is trying his best to singlehandedly outdo them.

Its funny that Dougo says this is a 3 year old story - I don't recall it coming up before. The 2 year old story was the hash story... no, no... I think this is a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back