4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 699     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems so, but then again lawyers aren't allowed to talk smack about other lawyers. It seems he has a special knack for keeping stuff "below the radar" - looks like he couldn't control the Ford mess.

That is totally the thing. There were multiple, completely legit options here. They went this route because 1) they don't know or understand morality or ethics in office. They literally just don't understand why this would be unacceptable. or 2) just don't care because they are entitled s.o.b.'s who think they can get away with anything all of the time.

To me, so much of this stuff looks like attention-seeking behaviour — a deep-seated need to been seen as important people. I'm surprised that Rob and Doug haven't yet clued in to how much this psychological pathology damages them.

His peers have a high opinion of him.

Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 11.46.50 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 11.46.50 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 11.46.50 AM.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 858
To me, so much of this stuff looks like attention-seeking behaviour — a deep-seated need to been seen as important people. I'm surprised that Rob and Doug haven't yet clued in to how much this psychological pathology damages them.

Never once mentioning the Deco relationship, over multiple meetings dealing with different ways that Apollo could get money from the city, even as Deco was increasing their share of Apollo's total label business... uh, seems like a very studious silence to me. If the Fords really didn't think they were doing anything at all wrong, it would have been mentioned at some point.

Some lawyers found it surprising Ford didn’t go to “the usual suspects” on Bay Street when he got into trouble, says Rosen. But Morris, his peers say, has friends everywhere in the criminal justice system.

“He has selected a lawyer who is very much a people’s person, much like the image he’s crafted for himself. [Morris] has got friends in every aspect of the criminal justice system — I mean from prosecutors to police officers to members of the judiciary to court staff — you name it.”

It would appear as though Rob has prioritized a lawyer with connections in the criminal justice system, as opposed to say, you know, one who might be of a higher pedigree. Of all the things to throw the family money at, you would think a pricier and possibly-more-diligent lawyer would be a no brainer.

Not for Rob!

Last edited:
Some lawyers found it surprising Ford didn’t go to “the usual suspects” on Bay Street when he got into trouble, says Rosen. But Morris, his peers say, has friends everywhere in the criminal justice system.

“He has selected a lawyer who is very much a people’s person, much like the image he’s crafted for himself. [Morris] has got friends in every aspect of the criminal justice system — I mean from prosecutors to police officers to members of the judiciary to court staff — you name it.”

He has like, 100+ friends on MSN messenger! Lawdog69 left a great comment on his Live Spaces profile!

Well, when you're a person who belongs to a people that's to be expected.

Never once mentioning the Deco relationship, over multiple meetings dealing with different ways that Apollo could get money from the city, even as Deco was increasing their share of Apollo's total label business... uh, seems like a very studious silence to me. If the Fords really didn't think they were doing anything at all wrong, it would have been mentioned at some point.
I question whether the City Manager and staff are being totally forthcoming in how they recall the dynamic. I'd think they'd twig to the suspicion that the two of them, specially concerned about this one business, have other interests involved. Does the City Manager really not know where the long-time Ford-held ward is, and where the business they're talking about is located? They're both North-West Toronto, but there's a university, a river and a couple highways in between. Everybody at the table knew what was going on, whether it was declared or not. The Ford era is distinguished by organizations and people of responsibility bending to the Fords, sometimes caving to their wishes and sometimes as a means of managing them.

He really needs to up-grade to The Facebook.

Whoa, buddy! Let's not get ahead of ourselves. No The Facebook until he can accurately post the results of the "Which of the three Stooges are you" on Livejournal or Myspace. Baby steps towards the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back