545     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 549     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course a concrete reason for RoFo heading to the States would be to avoid arrest, since they'd then have to extradite.

This would also be a concrete reason for going into hiding COUGH I mean rehab.
That makes a lot of sense.
If the supposed "rehab" was going so well for Rob, why would Doug not rule out a mayoral run for himself? Unless Rob was close to being arrested.
Maybe the audio from the bar and the latest crack video was a calculated set up in some way to give the pretense for Rob finally going to "rehab". Stranger things have happened...

First time posting in this thread, but for what's its worth, here's my theory.

Doug has it all set up to get Rob into rehab in the US, they fly to Chicago, get rejected at the airport and sent back to Canada. Arrange to fly to Hamilton, sneak Rob back into Toronto and hide him out in someone's house (Doug, Mom, Cathy, who knows). Doug then spends the last couple of days trying to find a rehab to take Rob in Canada. Doug hasn't been sleeping much because he's dealing with a detoxing junkie in the basement. Rob manages to sneak out yesterday morning and is seen at Timmys'.

My bet is in the next few days Doug finds a place to rehab Rob and they come out and say "See, we were telling the truth all along, Rob's in rehab and doing great! In fact he's leading sessions to help other junkies now, and has started coaching the rehab football team."

The other alternative is that before they can find a place to take Rob, he escapes, goes on a bender and shows up in another cell phone video.

In the movie version, every time RoFo talks to someone like DMW or Warmington on the phone from the basement where he's holed up, there's a gun to his head.

I'd be inclined to believe that it was Doug and the young girl just got the two Fords confused. Only because I just can't fathom how freely and terribly these idiots lie so that is more palatable to me.

However, factor in the corroboration and the track suit detail and she's clearly telling the truth and is correct. Why is Douggie doubling down on this? If it comes back to bite him he can't just say "I didn't know Rob had escaped" He's making himself accountable for the lie. I guess he's brazen enough to just say "Well, I was there too before Rob"

God, trying to rationalize these idiots is exhausting.

The only part of Doug's story that's believable is that she was scared of him because he didn't look to be in a good mood... Doug is terrifying, Rob's just scary.

Doug has it all set up to get Rob into rehab in the US, they fly to Chicago, get rejected at the airport and sent back to Canada. Arrange to fly to Hamilton, sneak Rob back into Toronto and hide him out in someone's house (Doug, Mom, Cathy, who knows). Doug then spends the last couple of days trying to find a rehab to take Rob in Canada. Doug hasn't been sleeping much because he's dealing with a detoxing junkie in the basement. Rob manages to sneak out yesterday morning and is seen at Timmys'.

My bet is in the next few days Doug finds a place to rehab Rob and they come out and say "See, we were telling the truth all along, Rob's in rehab and doing great! In fact he's leading sessions to help other junkies now, and has started coaching the rehab football team."

The other alternative is that before they can find a place to take Rob, he escapes, goes on a bender and shows up in another cell phone video.
That's about what i came up with too. Would have loved to see the look on Rob's face when he got turned away at the border. First time he's heard "no".

Except of course that he's not detoxing since he's not in detox/rehab.

Also, I don't think for a second they had rehab set up for him in Chicago. I think he was just going to hang out at Doug's.

This tweet made my day:

@80sDougFord: Rob's totally in rehab. With four other kids: a jock, a brain, a basket case and a princess. They're writin' an essay #topoli

lol, but if they've already got a jock, where's Rob supposed to fit in?

Rob is obviously the smouldering Judd Nelson 'Rebel/Bad Boy' character.

@BenSpurr tweeted at 9:50 a.m. yesterday that Doug was in the Mayor's seat.

So between 9:15-ish and some minutes before 9:50, Doug (allegedly) left Timmy's, went home and changed his suit, drove to city hall, parked his tank, and got up to council chambers.

I live 1/2 a block from Dundas St W & Clendenan, and I can assure you, driving at 9ish am on a Wednesday, from that Tim Hortons to City Hall, in less 30 minutes, is impossible.

If Doug was to take the most direct route (Dundas W all the way down to C/H), given the city-bound rush hour traffic, streetcars, etc, it would still take at least 40 minutes driving like a law-abiding citizen (I know cause I've tried to do that drive many times).

If your car had wings and flew, or if you ran every red-light, zoomed past every-open street car door and had no concern for citizenry, then maybe, 30 minutes. But this would make you a psychopath idiot and you shouldn't be on the road in the first place.

Doug Ford, I call bull-shit on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back