534     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 546     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the timing for his arrival at City Hall yesterday? I scanned Twitter for Doug Ford mentions by media, since they tend to live-tweet his lies, but the first tweet is after 11AM.

Would the RFMG folks been able to observe his arrival time? (e.g., see him going into his office)

Doug arrived on the floor of Council at about 9:45, just as the City Manager was beginning his presentation. http://www.rogerstv.com/page.aspx?lid=237&rid=16&sid=1030&gid=205819

Much was made on Twitter yesterday of Doug being in the Mayor's chair at city council. That was fairly early in the session - I saw those comments online before I left home to go down to city hall. I got to council around 11-ish and by then, Doug was back in his own seat. Well, in between that roaming he does up and down the row to Mammo and back. Doug however pretty much skipped out when Fiona Crean began her presentation about the human resources schmozzle at TCHC.

Doug's suit was very obviously brown, not black. Rob loves his black suit. Dots, people!

Lol, I was watching one of those new-ish Dick Wolf shows last night (last week's eps.) - 'Chicago Fire' or 'Chicago PD' - not sure which, and one of the characters actually said "Put the dots together!" Maybe it's a 'Chicago' thing?:rolleyes:

I find it very odd Giroux would even comment on the rehab. Why would he do this?

Assuming his phone is tapped, they would know where he is... so Giroux is either saying he's not in rehab, or he's not in a reputable rehab. That is, if they know where he is (which would think would be true)

@BenSpurr tweeted at 9:50 a.m. yesterday that Doug was in the Mayor's seat.

So between 9:15-ish and some minutes before 9:50, Doug (allegedly) left Timmy's, went home and changed his suit, drove to city hall, parked his tank, and got up to council chambers.

Just made myself go to the Toronto Sun website and took a look at the photo of Doug sitting in Rob's seat in council with his name plastered over. Like others have confirmed, very much a brown suit.

And according to Don Peat's tweets from yesterday, Doug was in chamber at 9:47am talking to Norm Kelly. Before that he was talking to Maryam Shah from the Sun.

1297557387093_ORIGINAL.jpg

Attachments

• 1297557387093_ORIGINAL.jpg
    1297557387093_ORIGINAL.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 874
Of course a concrete reason for RoFo heading to the States would be to avoid arrest, since they'd then have to extradite.

This would also be a concrete reason for going into hiding COUGH I mean rehab.

Expect to see a series of carefully posed shots of Doug - helping constituents lay paving, pruning an old lady's apple tree, waving a chain saw - wearing a nice new grey sweatsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back