95     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 279     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 589     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comments on that Sun article are very revealing. I think it's safe to say that Robbie has lost the Sun readership, and no-one actually believes he's in rehab.

No way. People are fed up. He'll always be an addict...

I think you misunderstand. The election is Oct. 27 but the current term of office ends Nov. 30. The next mayor, whoever it is, will take office Dec. 1.

Last edited:
Anyone else feeling skeptical that media people are working overtime to bust him on this bullshit? Like, he's been this sloppy so far but still no one knows where he is?

The fact that ANYONE is still even using the word "rehab" in regard to him is just sad.

Yeah, that's how I read it too. This wasn't a sudden out of nowhere assault, this as the usual abusive relationship they have together. Kathy didn't seem to be shocked, more weary "oh stop beating him up all the time Rob, I'm trying to watch Glee" rather than "OMG! Why are you hurting him Rob!"

I don't buy that at all. There is no way Kathy watches Glee.

Anyone else feeling skeptical that media people are working overtime to bust him on this bullshit? Like, he's been this sloppy so far but still no one knows where he is?

The fact that ANYONE is still even using the word "rehab" in regard to him is just sad.

Who want's to bet he's at the cottage?

My only desire in all of this is for Rob Ford no longer to be Mayor of Toronto come November. Him fucking up rehab is only going to help with that goal, so all the power to him. His personal health comes second to the health of the city. This may sound cold, but not in the context of his behaviour for the last year.

The worst thing that could happen to Toronto would be for Ford to actually somehow get clean.

I'll second that. I absolutely am not hoping for him to recover from his addictions, at least not until after the election.

Now Doug is claiming that a doctor from rehab called him and asked him to ask the media to stop putting other patients in danger.

What an asshole.

Uh, yeah, Doug ... because a doctor totally wouldn't know how to contact the media discreetly, and that 'captain of industry' and the 'professional athlete' in there with Rob are fine with Rob allluding to their presence. And of course Warmington calling Rob on his cell is nothing to do with any of that.

My hope is that he's caught getting absolutely blitzed sometime in the next 30 days. That way, casual Fordites expecting a changed man could hopefully absorb that there's no "redemption story" here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back