236     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 464     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.4K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story is pretty clear that they called and asked to speak to Rob Ford, not that they called and asked if he was there. Big difference.

Quite possible a family member or friend of someone in there got a phone call and it was "you'll never guess who's here..."

Quite possible a family member or friend of someone in there got a phone call and it was "you'll never guess who's here..."

If he is in the one at Guelph, I take it that it's an actual rehab place, and not a spa "rehab" place?

Last edited:
If he is in the one at Guelph, I take it that it's an actual rehab place, and not a spa "rehab" place?

My ex's ex-wife went there for alcohol treatment. It's one of the best in the country. That said, they aren't miracle workers, and when he went to pick her up one of the doctors told him "Good luck, you're going to need it".

You aren't under lock and key. The woman I knew was once found in downtown guelph passed out in a doorway after leaving and getting hammered, and returned to the facility by the police. My ex told me that she'd be offered alcohol and a drive to the liquor store in exchange for sexual favours by strangers.

Like anything else, it all depends on how badly Rob wants to be sober.

Homewood is the real deal, that was where I was supposed to go but they couldn't fit me in in time.

Heh, the flyer suggests otherwise (but I can certainly see it changing from then to now since it's a really old flyer), and given the comments of others here.

Notice one of the treatments for "nervousness and mental strain" was "electrotherapy". Not quite as regulated as it is now, I'd bet.

Question to UTers: Do you think that if RoFo is in fact at a rehab facility, and the name of said facility was released, that the media would refrain from camping out at it?

Depends what you mean by 'camping out'. I'd say that, since all evidence is Rob lies about his schedule, some members of the media would want an authority figure of the clinic reassure him that (a) Rob is there and (b) he will not be allowed to leave before he has completed his 30-day program. The media just doesn't want to be bullshitted. The problem with the Fords is they can't help themselves -- they lie even when the truth would serve them better.

So: No, the 'media' would not refrain. Not because they're bad people, but because the Fords are absolutely not telling the truth about this rehab, and that -- the lie -- means the truth is a story worth publishing.

You aren't under lock and key. The woman I knew was once found in downtown guelph passed out in a doorway after leaving and getting hammered, and returned to the facility by the police. My ex told me that she'd be offered alcohol and a drive to the liquor store in exchange for sexual favours by strangers.

Good lord people are awful (I mean the people offering alcohol for sex, not your ex's ex).

Well, let's see how many reporters are dispatched to various rehabs.

Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 1.21.37 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 1.21.24 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 1.21.24 PM.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 635
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 1.21.37 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 1.21.37 PM.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 784
Depends what you mean by 'camping out'. I'd say that, since all evidence is Rob lies about his schedule, some members of the media would want an authority figure of the clinic reassure him that (a) Rob is there and (b) he will not be allowed to leave before he has completed his 30-day program. The media just doesn't want to be bullshitted. The problem with the Fords is they can't help themselves -- they lie even when the truth would serve them better.

No clinic would officially go on record to out a patient, especially since any medial onslaught would also affect other patients. Without a public statement from the Fords (who can't be trusted), we're not going to find out until someone anonymously spills.

he will not be allowed to leave before he has completed his 30-day program.

The Homewood program is 35 days, any non court appointed rehab allows anyone to leave at any time for any reason. We had 2 out of 30 in my "class" skip out and one was asked to leave for violating rules.

Sorry - this might be a duplicate.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 1.21.24 PM.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 889
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back