264     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I saw this morning someone tweet that DoFo is using the Mayor's office. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Slobo is absolutely 100 percent in rehab....remember he hurt his back few weeks ago ;)

See, you "maggots" aren't asking the right questions;)

Seriously tho,

I stand by my theory that he is on the run/ hiding out. The latest whacking was someone involved in a major cocaine bust about a year ago. Who's running the coke pipeline in toronto and the associated businesses for distribution/ sale/ consumption.

Thats the story!

I thought I saw this morning someone tweet that DoFo is using the Mayor's office. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Someone said earlier he was sitting in the mayor's seat at the council meeting, is that what you were thinking of?

Someone said earlier he was sitting in the mayor's seat at the council meeting, is that what you were thinking of?

No, it specifically referenced DoFo using the mayor's office, or being in there. I've gone back to look and haven't been able to find it however, so am not sure if the Tweeter was confused themselves, or what. There was a lot of DoFo/RoFo tweets florting around.

No, it specifically referenced DoFo using the mayor's office, or being in there. I've gone back to look and haven't been able to find it however, so am not sure if the Tweeter was confused themselves, or what. There was a lot of DoFo/RoFo tweets florting around.

I dug through most of the RFMG tweets and didn't see anything (they monitor the office pretty well).

don't know if there's anything new here, but it's sort of note-worthy that a new york newspaper is covering it.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ord-missing-week-trip-rehab-article-1.1781385

Toronto’s drug-addled mayor has apparently gone missing on his way to rehab, but those close to him insist it’s not because he fell off the wagon.
Rob Ford planned to leave the Canadian city for Chicago last week — after another video surfaced that appeared to show him smoking crack — but he disappeared once the plane landed in the United States.
“He voluntarily withdrew his application to enter the USA,” Roy Norton, the Consul General of Canada in Chicago, told The Globe and Mail in an email.
Norton said the liquor-loving mayor “was not denied entry, per se.”

Ford’s whereabouts have been unknown since, but his brother, Doug, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the liquor-loving mayor was in rehab.

on a side note, i sort of wish the sun would go after rob ford more along the above lines, like full tabloid:

crack mayor rob ford denied entry to usa
where is booze bucket mayor?
toronto shame as crack mayor denied entry to usa
mayor awol: another binge?

Slobo is absolutely 100 percent in rehab....remember he hurt his back few weeks ago ;)

See, you "maggots" aren't asking the right questions;)

Seriously tho,

I stand by my theory that he is on the run/ hiding out. The latest whacking was someone involved in a major cocaine bust about a year ago. Who's running the coke pipeline in toronto and the associated businesses for distribution/ sale/ consumption.

Thats the story!

Not sure Guelph is the place to hide out then, given it has a history with the mafia:

http://morgeti.blogspot.ca/2007/04/la-cosa-nostra-in-guelph.html

…and a lot of crack:

http://www.guelphmercury.com/news-story/3254006-drugs-a-significant-problem-in-guelph-experts-say/

Doug's office is right next to the mayor's. Maybe some confusion was created. Or Doug could have been visiting Rob's office for one reason or another. Nothing unusual about that.

Good point. I forgot that Guelph is a university town.

It has some parallels to Toronto in that the core is quite lefty progressive, with pockets of right wingers, but then on the outskirts, it turns into conservative suburbia. It's a mini-Toronto.

A few years ago, a very conservative mayor was elected with the support of a group of developers, who funded a campaign for her that outspent everyone else by a long shot and kind of tied her to the anti-elitist feeling that many on the edges were feeling. She got a few big wins when she was first elected, cancelled some of the big signature policy pieces that the previous mayor had put in, but after a while, her inability to actually work with anyone led to a dysfunctional council that couldn't even agree on where to get coffee. This of course led to basically nothing getting done for a few years, until the next election where the mayor from before her got voted back in again.

Of course, the hangover from that one term is still felt today. Lots of uncontrolled development and building that are a drain on city resources, that kind of thing. The developers who funded her made a bundle though.

Text of INA form I-877 that Ford would have had to sign:

I understand that my admissibility is questioned for the above reasons [note: this refers to another form, completed by the CPB agent, a copy of which can only be obtained by the individual concerned], which I have read or which have been read to me in the English language. I request that I be permitted to withdraw my application for admission and return abroad. I understand that my voluntary withdrawal of my application for admission is in lieu of a formal determination concerning my admissibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back