333     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 596     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question to UTers: Do you think that if RoFo is in fact at a rehab facility, and the name of said facility was released, that the media would refrain from camping out at it?

I could certainly be wrong about Heathrow (which I think is where Lawson flew from too), I flew from Gatwick. It may depend on which terminal you fly from too. Some gates are purely for a particular destination like the US (as at Pearson terminal...hrm 1 I think?) so you go through US immigration before you get on the plane, others are for a variety of destinations that can include the US, and you have to go through immigration at the other end.

Question to UTers: Do you think that if RoFo is in fact at a rehab facility, and the name of said facility was released, that the media would refrain from camping out at it?

If he is at The Homewood we will get a pic in a couple days, no way are there not some papparatsi's hanging out.

Heh, my wife's first reaction to DOFo's quote that RoFo is in rehab and not in LA at a basaball game was "so...he's in LA at a baseball game then?"

Her reaction to the "you'll just have to trust me" was the same as mine - laughter.

That's not the Fords' problem. If anything. it would play into their victim complex and work in their favour. No one really thinks Doug or anyone else in that family really cares about the security and confidentiality of the other patients, do they?

At this point, it actually surprises me that some are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. Haven't we all learned by now that it's safest to assume the Fords are lying until it's proven otherwise?

I agree with you, kbdid. Sorry if my tone sounded a bit off. I did not mean it that way.

I remember a guy - a good, but very self-centred man, with multiple issues. Another man was telling him that he was expecting his son to visit, but the boy didn't bother to show up, or even call. The man started to cry, and the other man simply put his arm around his shoulders. After that, he became much more involved with the group, even to the point of becoming their unofficial advocate. Sometime later, he made a return visit to the place and was touched to see the other residents had named his old room after him.

All that to say that I think a program - if he takes it seriously - could do Rob a lot of good. Not as a politician, but simply as a man.

Cheers!

Cheer's back! Let's hope that the population where Ford is is sufficiently diverse to perhaps tear a strip off his attitudes towards women etc. He can get clean of alcohol (for a time, anyway) but he's still gonna be sexist, homophobic etc. Reminds me of a friend's father; he drank for years, and when he finally rehabbed (successfully) her comment was "we always thought he was an a**hole because of the alcohol, turns out he's just an a**hole".

I would like to be optimistic because while I hate that this guy represents our city in any way, I don't want him to die. If his whole family's not undergoing some kind of counselling (individual or otherwise) he's going to relapse sooner rather than later, campaign or no campaign.

I could certainly be wrong about Heathrow (which I think is where Lawson flew from too), I flew from Gatwick. It may depend on which terminal you fly from too. Some gates are purely for a particular destination like the US (as at Pearson terminal...hrm 1 I think?) so you go through US immigration before you get on the plane, others are for a variety of destinations that can include the US, and you have to go through immigration at the other end.

Yes, could well be. I was interested just because, based admittedly on nothing but my own and other anecdotal experience, it seemed to me to be the case that Canada was the only country with US customs and immigration clearance at some of its airports.

If he is at The Homewood we will get a pic in a couple days, no way are there not some papparatsi's hanging out.

I visited a family member a few years back at Homewood and security is very loose. There is parkland surrounding the facility which is accessible to members of the public. Depending on the type of treatment patients are able to go on off-site excursions to the downtown area or the nearby Tim Hortons.

Like others have said here I wouldn't be surprised if Warmington gave misleading info about where Ford is staying as a favour.

"Rob Ford's lawyer tells me he's been getting phone calls from rehab centres offering to take the mayor, free of charge."
https://twitter.com/KatieSimpson24/status/461906882517409792

You know how it is said that people start to look like their pets, and vice versa, after being together for a long while? Maybe Denis (the family's criminal lawyer) has just spent too much time with his clients and they have started to speak (and so lie) alike.

I watched "Inside Man" with Morgan Spurlock the other day on CNN.

If you like Morgan Spurlock style documentaries you should watch the Louis Theroux wild weekend documentaries, he's very funny and his subjects are always entertaining.

Like others have said here I wouldn't be surprised if Warmington gave misleading info about where Ford is staying as a favour.

Well, if we assume he's in Ontario, how many centres are there in south central Ontario - Homewood, Donwood(s?), Bellwood (gee, see a theme here?), CAMH....

Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 12.38.39 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 12.38.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 12.38.39 PM.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 712
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back