1.1K     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 907     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 569     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming Robbie was turned back to Canada there are two options as I see it. He's legitimately holed up in another rehab centre. I'm not sure about the logistics of just waltzing into a clinic and being accepted same day though. Or, he's just laying low in which case there will be sightings and pics.

It's a common thing - they invite you to withdraw your application (so that in a year's time you can re-apply if you can get your pardon or whatever) rather than just bar you from the country (for a lot longer than a year). And moral turpitide when you admit to drugs is enough. Look at what happened with Nigella Lawson - same thing, she admitted doing coke years ago, but was similarly invited to withdraw her application this year.

Not correct. Coming from the UK, she needed a visa to work in the US (which is why she was headed there). The visa was cancelled.

he went off to "rehab" before the provincial elections were called. Unless Doug is in with Andrea Horwath and knew she was going to say no to the budget beforehand (which caught many political commentators offside), then that's not likely.

To an person on the outside it was 50-50 whether the budget would pass, Libs already had signs printed and a room booked for the campaign launch. I suspect insiders had a significantly better that 50-50 knowledge we were going to have an election. Still, Doug being right about anything is a surprise.

No. The private plane areas are not connected to the international transit locked-up pass-through areas that exist in some airports (eg, as in Miami). And in all events, it is reported that he landed at Midway, which IIRC (and unlike O'Hare) does not even have such an area.

ETA: I also think that it is the case that arriving via the private plane area substantially increased the odds that Ford would encounter a more activist US immigration agent ready to deny him entry - or let him 'skeedaddle' (a Doug word) in order to avoid being formally denied entry.

Midway has an immigration and customs facility. Porter and Volaris fly to/from MDW; there are also some sun destination charter flights.

Last edited:
Oh no... makes it sound like he's at Jenny Craig.

ddale8 9:44am via Web
Doug Ford refused to tell the Star this morning where Rob Ford is, but he says his brother is in a "program" - and losing weight.

ddale8 9:44am via Web
Doug Ford: "I know he’s working out every day. He tells me he’s going to come back a few pounds lighter so that’s good.”

Last edited:
Doug Ford: "I know he’s working out every day. He tells me he’s going to come back a few pounds lighter so that’s good.â€

"It's no one's business but his own" Cllr Doug Ford to @MaryamSun1 on where Mayor Rob Ford is #TOpoli

Doug is such a dick.

Jesus. Christ.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 4m
Doug Ford refused to tell the Star this morning where Rob Ford is, but he says his brother is in a "program" - and losing weight.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 4m
Doug Ford: "I know he’s working out every day. He tells me he’s going to come back a few pounds lighter so that’s good.â€

Yep, that'll fix 'im right up.

People aren't seriously speculating that doug orchestrated this so he can move up the political ladder are they? Doug is a bigger joke than Robbie. No one wants anything to do with that toxic jackass. He's hardly a political heavyweight. He's a bloviating moron.

Doug Ford has nothing to gain either way in terms of his political career. At this point, he has no chance of being endorsed as a candidate by anything other than a fringe party. The idea that he might be chosen to replace Hudak is not even worth talking about. His "handling" of his brother has sealed his fate.

I would be very surprised if he saw it that way. The man is the King of Denial

Moral turpitude aside, if Ford was going to be stateside for a couple months the authorities must realize there is the strong possibility they'll have to extradite him to face charges. *And I''m sure they really don't want to get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back