Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 9.26.39 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 9.26.39 AM.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 713
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 9.26.58 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 9.26.58 AM.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 695
"Mr. Ford’s whereabouts are still unknown."

This line just read so ominously to me. Almost feels like we might not see him alive again.

I'm still pretty sure he'll be back in a couple of weeks claiming to be cured and go straight back to campaigning / getting blitzed.

The US can (and will) deny you entry if they think you are likely to commit a crime while in the US. Rob Ford is an admitted crack smoker who was caught on tape last weekend smoking crack. He was also investigated by the police for "actions suggestive of drug trafficking."

You are innocent until proven guilty once you are in the US, but up to that point, they have no obligation to let you into the country, and they can (and will) deny your application to enter on only the suspicion of wrongdoing.

Yes but the FORMAL guideline is if you have been *convicted* of a crime of 'moral turpitude', which they consider all drug crimes to be.

Past that, it's up to the individual officer you deal with.

If Doug says it, it must be true.

KatieSimpson24 9:20am via Twitter for iPhone
As per @stephaniesmyth Doug Ford also insisting to @CP24 that Mayor Ford is in rehab. Mayor's lawyer says same.

As Doug says: "It's not about the truth."

Yes but the FORMAL guideline is if you have been *convicted* of a crime of 'moral turpitude', which they consider all drug crimes to be.

Past that, it's up to the individual officer you deal with.

They also treat admission of a crime of moral turpitude to be an acknowledgement of guilt (which an admission is, after all).

There's also the fact that it's well known that RoFo is currently under police investigation - that coupled with admissions of drug use and recent pictures of drug use would be more than enough to have an immigration officer deny admission to the US.

Yes *but* the budget was planned to come out already that day and speculation was clear that an election would be called. I say it's still reasonable that they ditched Robbie to get hudak elected

Doug Ford has more to gain if Hudak is defeated and eventually ousted than he does to have him elected.

Doug Ford has more to gain if Hudak is defeated and eventually ousted than he does to have him elected.

Doug Ford has nothing to gain either way in terms of his political career. At this point, he has no chance of being endorsed as a candidate by anything other than a fringe party. The idea that he might be chosen to replace Hudak is not even worth talking about. His "handling" of his brother has sealed his fate.

They also treat admission of a crime of moral turpitude to be an acknowledgement of guilt (which an admission is, after all).

Suppose that is true. But, that is up to the individual officer you deal with ... There's no formal guideline for "acknowledgement of guilt"... I'm talking about when they scan your passport, they automatically grab your Canadian criminal record too. Unfortunately they keep it forever, so even if you get a pardon, you'll have problems. You won't show up as pardoned in their system.

Past that it really is up to the guy/girl you deal with. They can deny you for any reason. Back when I was young, I was travelling with my mom and dad - mom was an opera singer, had a concert in Newark. They thought we were strange for some reason and tore apart our whole car, looked through all our bags. Took about 5 hours I think until they gave up and let us through.

I have a criminal record, but nothing serious, so I've looked *deeply* into how the process works. Luckily I can still get security clearance and work visas and shit, but I was worried for a while there :)

RoFo realistically shouldn't have any problems if he really wants to go to the US. He's not been convicted of anything serious. I guess it's funny that this is the best thing we can say about our Mayor, but it is what it is.

If Doug says it, it must be true.

KatieSimpson24 9:20am via Twitter for iPhone
As per @stephaniesmyth Doug Ford also insisting to @CP24 that Mayor Ford is in rehab. Mayor's lawyer says same.

Is that the same Doug that never once ever say his brother drink alcohol?

Maybe Rob will show up, demanding his old job back. Just add a few more security guards...with tasers.

JoshMatlow 7:58am via Twitter for iPhone
It's nice that everyone will focused on the council meeting today now that the mayor has left. There's no way he could distract Toronto now.

I think he spoke too soon ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back