1K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 494     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back off, you maggots...

BenSpurr 10:11am via TweetDeck
Doug Ford just scrummed with reporters: "For the one millionth time, Rob Ford is in a rehabilitation program."

No, we're concerned that we're still paying this guy $177,000 per year to party his ass off in an undisclosed location.

BenSpurr 10:12am via TweetDeck
Doug Ford: "No one in Toronto cares about where he is. They're concerned about him getting rehab."

Last edited:
Ugh. I can't stand Lisa McLeod. I also thought that Christine Elliott would run and likely win it, with of course Randy Hillier putting his name in as well.

I can't stand her either - but I would like to see her dismantle Dougo in a debate...

Ugh. I can't stand Lisa McLeod. I also thought that Christine Elliott would run and likely win it, with of course Randy Hillier putting his name in as well.

I read that as Randy Ford at first and nearly exploded the water I was drinking all over my computer.

Doug Ford has nothing to gain either way in terms of his political career. At this point, he has no chance of being endorsed as a candidate by anything other than a fringe party. The idea that he might be chosen to replace Hudak is not even worth talking about. His "handling" of his brother has sealed his fate.

Ding ding ding.

People aren't seriously speculating that doug orchestrated this so he can move up the political ladder are they? Doug is a bigger joke than Robbie. No one wants anything to do with that toxic jackass. He's hardly a political heavyweight. He's a bloviating moron.

Also -- ding ding ding.

Hahaha (confirming that Rob is in rehab somewhere, for something, for some length of time)

BenSpurr 10:23am via TweetDeck
Doug: "You're going to have to trust me on this one."

Trust, but verify.

To paraphrase Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite, "There's a world of difference between what Doug sees, and what is."

To paraphrase Groucho Marx, "Are you going to believe me, or what you see with your own eyes?"

Sounds like there is indeed a backup plan for Doug to step in and run for mayor depending on what happens. Doug would never win though.

Hahaha (confirming that Rob is in rehab somewhere, for something, for some length of time)

I just saw the CP24 clip - he delivered the line without any bluster - I'm leaning towards the fact that he might not be lying based on how he mentioned confidentiality of those in the program - this sounds like something the program would have warned him against violating.

Surely the competent Toronto Police Service knows where their star suspect is.

Yoohoo Jimmy! What's your thoughts?

I can't for a second believe that the dim-looking M D Ford could lose surveillance with the 'stang and RoFo in it fleeing. As long as they knew which plane he (allegedly) was on, they would be able to figure out the final destination, be it Hamilton or elsewhere. Once the plane landed, surely the TPS could have local authorities keep tabs on RoFo, RIGHT??? He is still the subject of an investigation, isn't he? I can only imagine if they let him slip away, only to retire to Cuba, hosting a hit Reality Television Program for the rest of his days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back