2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 792     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I just have to ask: why is RoFo credited with outsourcing garbage as though it was some sort of brilliant move he came up all by himself. Yes he outsourced District 2 but District 1 (Etobicoke, west of Humber River) was actually privatized pre-amalgamation by Doug Holyday when he was mayor of Etobicoke. All RoFo did was expand as per precedent already set in the 90's.

I have to say, I think Olivia Chow is right. Privatizing the rest of garbage collection, especially in view of today's revelations of GFL issues, would be a mistake. Competition helps to keep contractor and city honest IMO.

ETA as I recall further privatization was discussed by council during the last garbage strike when Miller was mayor.

Last edited:
And where is our favourite enabler....the big lug? Is it quiet because mini- mayor is not there too?

Just another reason to doubt the official story. Doug is not similarly afflicted so why is he not in council like he should be? I think both of them have lost interest in politics and are looking for a way to go back to private life. They are taking their ball and going home.

As a resident of Perks' ward, it would not surprise that many of the complaints he's fielded deal with rude behaviour from the guys and seemingly willful traffic obstruction accompanied by less-than-cheerful hand signs. Wednesdays are a nightmare for drivers out here, especially in winter. As bike-riding pinkos, it doesn't affect us much. But the drivers look steamed. Plus, the GFL crews often blithely drive the wrong way on one-way streets. Fast.
And through the bus loading zone at a school I worked at

From the Globe's report it sounds like he was denied entry and voluntarily withdrew his application to visit. He's probably back in Canada at a rehab out west.

Wow. We've been waiting for this. Another huge story, sure to set the thread on fire. Happy good morning, light-dwellers.
I wonder if he was informed that he might be refused entry and turned around because once you've been turned back, it is harder to enter the US later.

From the Globe's report it sounds like he was denied entry and voluntarily withdrew his application to visit. He's probably back in Canada at a rehab out west.

Or up at the cottage with Mikie playing pinochle. Or at Jerry's place jonesing with trainer guy Valerio Mosca. Or camped out behind the newly re-papered windows at the campaign office. Or at the Grand. Or. Or. or. As we discovered last time, 'professional help' doesn't necessarily mean the same thing to the Fords as it does to the rest of us.

Or up at the cottage with Mikie playing pinochle. Or at Jerry's place jonesing with trainer guy Valerio Mosca. Or camped out behind the newly re-papered windows at the campaign office. Or at the Grand. Or. Or. or.
But the photoshop challenge is still Grimey, Mamms, z, and Rob, right? Like, seriously, fuck muzik, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back