43     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 378     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 306     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is an example in Milton on how the town responded to a councillor's harassment of an employee. He was banned from the town hall unless attending council meetings or accompanied by senior management
http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news-s...harassment-created-poisoned-workplace-report/

Actions taken:

x a meeting with Councillor Nelson to advise him that the investigation results concluded that he had violated the Code of Conduct for Councillors,

x a recommendation to Councillor Nelson that he attend an anti-harassment training session funded by the Town,

x removal of access to all areas of Town Hall by Councillor Nelson including public areas, except where accompanied by Senior Management, with the exception of Council/Committee meetings.

When he comes back all the media outlets are going to make a BIG deal out of it, and really try to sell the comeback story. It's in all of their interests if he gets back in the game, so look forward to lots of skewed polls that make it seem like people are willing to forgive him, and lots of stories about how much fitter and calmer he seems now. It's going to be really gross.

The media may be expected to take it easy during the rest of the campaign because he will be in Recovery, and nobody wants to be blamed for triggering a Relapse.

Folks, you ain't seen nothin' yet!

I told this story a while ago. When Ford was first elected I'm at a dinner party and my brothers brother in law is shocked that Ford was elected. He says he can't believe Ford was elected because his buddy scores drugs off of him. Present tense. I found it hard to believe but told Doolittle and Dale that they might want to start asking around about it. They seemed to dismiss the suggestion though. Look where we are now!
Maybe you could take this down time, JT, and tell us all your stories again! :D

Good gosh if you don't think Ford can sink any lower, today story of his threatening staff is actually just so predictable. Remember this is the guy who runs to the media (which I never see any other politician do) and call authorities because he claims there are threats to him. But he has no problem doing it to others and of course nothing happens to him. This should go much further than an mean-nothing "apology". Of course his lawyer explains it away with "Well he was drunk" if you can get away with anything with the "I was drunk" excuse than why have drunk driving rules. "I know I drove drunk, but forgive me I was drunk"

So lets just but this in the long list of Fords said what he stands for but does the opposite
Ford hates career politicians... Ford has had no other job except politics, his father, brother and now it seems nephew are into politics
Ford thinks public workers are lazy... Ford show up for work after noon and goes off drinking during the middle of the work day
Ford wants no excuses from drug criminals... Ford now the nations most famous junkie
Ford becomes hysterical about threats... Ford threatens city staff
Ford refuses to go to pride and speak out against pride flag.... Well you put the dots together

As on a totally unrelated topic (because i like ladybugs, not a fan of bedbugs) the Sandro/Rob relation was always kind of odd. Especially when Sandro got busted for getting "extra detergent" in the laundromat. Sure I understand having a close friends, but there is a time to know when to cut the cord. For a man like Rob he has no loyalty to anybody (see how fast he throws his political ally under the bus for his own benefit) Rob still praised Sandro even after the charges. Both risk hanging with each other when the heat is very high, very odd. What does that make it sound like? Then again, me trying to analyse a junkie and his mule relationship might be above my living experience. I did have a friend who scored me Jays tickets at times, but I am guessing that's different.

When he comes back all the media outlets are going to make a BIG deal out of it, and really try to sell the comeback story. It's in all of their interests if he gets back in the game, so look forward to lots of skewed polls that make it seem like people are willing to forgive him, and lots of stories about how much fitter and calmer he seems now. It's going to be really gross.

It's so true. This is guaranteed to be a main storyline when he returns. You can see it coming already and its sickening. If people really cared about Ford, they would be calling on him to sit out the campaign to get his shit together for real.

I never even thought about that. It makes sense as to why it wasn't a slam dunk soon after they got it.

It doesn't make sense to me actually. The whole point of going to Apple was to get access to the data and have it decrypted. I think the hold up is likely the non-slamdunkness of it. Like, it's circumstantial and requires a lot of "putting the dots together"

It's so true. This is guaranteed to be a main storyline when he returns. You can see it coming already and its sickening. If people really cared about Ford, they would be calling on him to sit out the campaign to get his shit together for real.

These sorts of predictions are predicated on the belief that Ford can actually curb his behaviour. You can't fake being a slimmer, sober, calm person. Unless Doug is devising some sort of zany scheme involving holograms.

Say it ain't so, Jenny James!

singjennyjames 8:05pm via Facebook

Listened to the Audio..I am Shocked and denounce Mayor Fords foul comments about Renata, Karen Stintz, and gay...

http://fb.me/17WowuZ1Q

Last edited:

The media may be expected to take it easy during the rest of the campaign because he will be in Recovery, and nobody wants to be blamed for triggering a Relapse.

Folks, you ain't seen nothin' yet!

I can sort of see that, perhaps? Maybe I'm reading more cynical media than you are, or maybe I have more faith in them than I should, not to turn on a dime and sell a redemption story to try and sell papers, but it seems that as of now, overall, not many are buying the genuine rehab-attempt story. I hope that continues. I think it's a case of "fool me once...fool me eighty six times..."

I've got a really interesting story to tell maybe once Lisi and Ford are locked up!

I'd like to echo everyone else's appreciation, Jimmi. Your contributions have gotten me through some very dark times. ; ) You obviously have connections to the media, (and more, I suspect but won't say, because I'm sure you value your privacy, and further speculation probably wouldn't help that!). But it would be amazing if you could somehow publish something after all of this were over. Anyway, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back