29     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 376     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 304     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is surprised... except maybe Diane Ford.

reporterdonpeat 6:14pm via HootSuite

Doug Ford … definitely not running in this provincial election. New blog post: ow.ly/wqG9F

So apparently this St. Patrick's day at City Hall one of the first things Rob did when he was interacting with the security guard was comment on how big his arms were getting. Not the first time he's been fascinated by a guy's biceps.

Not saying where there's smoke there's fire, necessarily, but if it did come out that Rob wasn't entirely on the---let's say, 'straight and narrow'---I would not be surprised at all.

Last time I saw him he enthusiastically admired how big id gotten. Seemed a bit overly excited but I didn't think too much of it.

Probably just because he's been "working out." It's top of mind.
I agree. He's like a kid who's impressed with big muscles. Arrested development is one of the unfortunate outcomes of starting heavy substance abuse early in life. He's the kid that never grows up, sorta like Peter Pan. ;)

I agree. He's like a kid who's impressed with big muscles. Arrested development is one of the unfortunate outcomes of starting heavy substance abuse early in life. He's the kid that never grows up, sorta like Peter Pan. ;)

Ya that's what I figured

The crack video and silence therafter was pretty freaking amazing. Unless there is more to come, this is a close, close second. Nothing can ever top that first time. We're just chasing the dragon now.

This goes back further than that. He was admiring a guy's muscles that night on The Danforth, too.

He really really admires muscles
mayorzombie.jpg

Attachments

• mayorzombie.jpg
    mayorzombie.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 771
I still think that this is the last we've seen of Rob for a while...possibly forever. Okay, maybe the press will give him a day if he crawls back to town, but I think that's a big if. He's used up all his goodwill chips with the Ford clan and is only a liability at this point. "He's a grown man, he can come back to town whenever he wants," I submit the past year as counter-evidence.

From what I understand, Rob is on Leave With Pay.

I don't how HR handles a mayor like Rob, because there never has been a mayor like Rob.

But, I would imagine HR has mandated some sensitivity training for him when he returns to CH. Possibly some anger management as well.

Last edited:
Everyone: Last night's CBS Late Show with David Letterman had RF as the subject of last night's (May 1,2014) Top Ten List:
I just happened to catch it last night and UT members may find it interesting...I also checked and read the last 25 pages of this section
to see if anyone previously posted this...

The Top Ten Reasons Rob Ford is taking a leave of absence:
10-His drinking began to interfere with his crack smoking
9-Wants to spend even more time with his humiliated family
8-Crack scene in Toronto is so over
7-Worries that if he stays,he'll embarrass himself
6-Meeting with CBS about a late night project
5-Allergies
4-Already accomplished everything he set out to do
3-Made the decision in a drunken stupor
2-He's going to help Justin Bieber turn his life around
1-The great ones always know when to leave on top

Link: www.cbs.com/shows/late_show/top_ten/

As for rehab: Is the Betty Ford Center Clinic RF's destination?
Link: www.bettyfordcenter.org

LI MIKE

When he comes back all the media outlets are going to make a BIG deal out of it, and really try to sell the comeback story. It's in all of their interests if he gets back in the game, so look forward to lots of skewed polls that make it seem like people are willing to forgive him, and lots of stories about how much fitter and calmer he seems now. It's going to be really gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back