93     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 5.6K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the pillsbury dough boy beat up a mob dude....said mob dude goes to his capo.....the capo must protect junior.

I say there's a hit put out on dough boy, or at least some kind of retribution!

But I don't get the impression that it's the first time this has happened. Seems more like an ongoing thing.

Jimmi T, can you confirm?

still can't believe that the toronto media and political class isn't explicitly linking this to the fact that these people are not actually from toronto, but rather from the suburbs; that the people who vote for them are not from toronto but, again, from the suburbs, and that this entire globally-covered humiliation is basically a product of mike harris' bizarre "let's append a bunch of suburbs onto toronto to dilute its power and prestige" plan. like, this is a straight line and it strikes me as odd that normal people aren't thinking that this whole shit-show doesn't just demonstrate that there is a real values divide between some of these peripherals and the adults.

That's a long sentence! :)

This city has been the same 240 square miles for 60 years.

This was the leadership prior to amalgamation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chairm...n_of_the_Municipality_of_Metropolitan_Toronto

As you can see, most were not from the City of Toronto. Since 1969, none were.

Exactly. The faster we can get Parkdale, Seaton Village and East Toronto out of amalgamation, the sooner we can get back to the real Toronto and real Torontonians.

Ha, I live in one of those three neighbourhoods and have occasionally thought that secession as a Ford-free micronation would improve things a bit.

That's a long sentence! :)

This city has been the same 240 square miles for 60 years.

This was the leadership prior to amalgamation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chairm...n_of_the_Municipality_of_Metropolitan_Toronto

As you can see, most were not from the City of Toronto. Since 1969, none were.

That's something to bear in mind - recall how Lastman was the one who brought his toxic brand (and his cronies) from North York down to City Hall. Recall Wanda Liczyk and the MFP scandal.

AoD

Wish some org would host a candidates debate within the next 30 days. Would be nice to hear their campaign rhetoric without the major distraction and absurd claims about having saved a billion dollars.

To move away from the nasty images of RoFo sex videos in our minds, it's time for a few late-nite smiles

Wish some org would host a candidates debate within the next 30 days. Would be nice to hear their campaign rhetoric without the major distraction and absurd claims about having saved a billion dollars.

That is exactly what should happen.
I think RoFo is (zing) done. His participation in the debates is a sideshow filled with his Billion dollar lie. It would be great to see the candidates debating their own individual platforms without the distraction that is RoFo.

Looks like Wynne's government is about to fall - time for Doug to get ready to not run for provincial office.

Looks like Wynne's government is about to fall - time for Doug to get ready to not run for provincial office.

Only if Hudak loses... Right now Rob Ford's drunken rant against Hudak has created enough of a liability of having the Ford brand involved in the OPC and even the CPC that I think the Doug will have to sit out of politics for a quite a while.

That's something to bear in mind - recall how Lastman was the one who brought his toxic brand (and his cronies) from North York down to City Hall. Recall Wanda Liczyk and the MFP scandal.

AoD

But you have to admit that Dash Domi was a much better shadowy figure than Sandro Lisi.

A colleague who doesn't read UT arrived at the same conclusion as most here, that this whole "rehab" business is a campaign tactic to get RoFo out of action for a while and then bring him back closer to the election "clean and sober", "got professional help", and "ready to lead". He thinks that this could pay off if enough voters who still might vote for him are willing to give him another chance, especially if no new candidates enter the race. It'll be all "I got the help I needed, I've confronted my alcohol problems, I'm ready to win the election and I've got a proven record, unlike the rest of them".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back