1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 450     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
...The Globe clearly gave them the head's up a few days prior and Dougy flew down to Florida to try an arrange a last minute Hail Mary.

Very doubtful. Doug's been AWOL for some time. And there's no way the Globe (or any outlet, really) would sit on a story for days (weeks?) so the subject could prepare for the fallout. The Fords would have been given fair opportunity to comment prior to publication, which is why RoFo spoke to Warmington tonight about being ready for rehab. Doug's absence may indeed be related to Rob's problems, and even perhaps knowledge of the new videos. But he's been invisible for some time. I sincerely doubt they would have coordinated with the Fords to suppress their story until a more convenient time. Besides, Rob hasn't left for rehab yet, so if you're right, why would the Globe publsih now.

Something gives me the impression that they're using it as a smokescreen. Maybe Warmington was involved, since he broke the story.

The crack video was filmed on Saturday -- the sun recording on Monday. Maybe the drug dealers tried to shake him down, and him and warmington hit the bar to generate some cover.

If Warmington goes down with HMCS Ford...
hqdefault.jpg

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 925
I *swear*, two days ago I was going to post "it's been kind of quiet around here lately, I can actually catchup on this forum in 10 or 15 minutes after not being here a few days - I was going to suggest "the calm before the storm?". I felt something in my bones, I swear I did.

So. He comes back from rehab, with colour in his face and a new engine in his stomach - all cleaned up. Ford Nation and all the other dummies will rally. He's not done yet, in fact he can come back bigger than ever. A success story.

The series of screen grabs have been posted to knock the legs out from any defence that the shots have been Photo shopped before they even start. One shot? Maybe. A series of them? Not a chance.

That's a weed pipe, not a crack pipe.

I *swear*, two days ago I was going to post "it's been kind of quiet around here lately, I can actually catchup on this forum in 10 or 15 minutes after not being here a few days - I was going to suggest "the calm before the storm?". I felt something in my bones, I swear I did.

So. He comes back from rehab, with colour in his face and a new engine in his stomach - all cleaned up. Ford Nation and all the other dummies will rally. He's not done yet, in fact he can come back bigger than ever. A success story.

He'll have trouble staying sober after his 30 days of rehab. He'll go home to the same wife, kids and more importantly, the same Mom, Doug, Kathy, and Randy. He won't be able to do it. Guaranteed.

That's a weed pipe, not a crack pipe.
At this point, I don't think it matters. Dude is hiding in the basement, imbibing an illegal substance. Let's hope the jig is up.

It's weird though, it all somehow feels anti-climatic. I still want to see him in handcuffs.

He'll have trouble staying sober after his 30 days of rehab. He'll go home to the same wife, kids and more importantly, the same Mom, Doug, Kathy, and Randy. He won't be able to do it. Guaranteed.

Assuming he manages 30 days. He'd be the client from hell.

Very doubtful. Doug's been AWOL for some time. And there's no way the Globe (or any outlet, really) would sit on a story for days (weeks?) so the subject could prepare for the fallout. The Fords would have been given fair opportunity to comment prior to publication, which is why RoFo spoke to Warmington tonight about being ready for rehab.

Perhaps the Globe is different. My understanding from Crazy Town was that whenever The Star received media - the crack video, the drunken rant in the living room - they informed the Fords and his staffers that they had a video and would be willing to show it to them privately so they can speak on it before being published.

It's weird though, it all somehow feels anti-climatic. I still want to see him in handcuffs.

I can't help but feel that way too. I'm almost numb to all of it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back