Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 8.38.50 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 8.38.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 8.38.50 PM.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 906
Rob Ford's staffers take photos of the sitters and media all the time. Media take pics all the time, too. Why would a permit be required?

Well, now this is a stretch, since security seems to be enablers for Robbie's antics, and CH was deserted today... maybe security was doing what they ought not be doing.

What is "creepy" is your need to bring up his children in this thread. You're done this several times. Leave his kids out of this -- attack Rob all you want -- that is fair game.

In my opinion, if Robbie trots out his family, and constantly uses them for his own agenda then they are fair game for comments, if they are in proper context.

AOD, what's your ruling on this?

I was only going to get one bobble head. It was only when I got closer did I notice that the bobbles were of him wearing his black suit with a red tie and another with a black bow tie commemorating his recent trip to LA. I thought what a great PR move and only 2500 of each running $30 a piece. There was also a $100 bobble head of him with a football tie. $90 was still more than what I was expecting to buy. I've posted picks of them on my FB only to receive requests for them. I should have bought more as I am giving a couple them away to friends. Next time I'll get more.

You do realize you gave him $90 towards inflicting himself on us for another 4 years, right? $90 buys a lot of magnets or stickers or lawn signs! What if it is that $90 which will make the difference between him losing (and saving us all from further criminal shenanigans) and winning? Maybe you could sell the bobble heads and donate the money to another (any!) candidate's campaign.

In my opinion, if Robbie trots out his family, and constantly uses them for his own agenda then they are fair game for comments, if they are in proper context.

AOD, what's your ruling on this?
The kids are part of his life. Who decides what is a normal amount of exposure and what constitutes "trotting them out"?

If he kept them too hidden and threw a sheet over their heads, Michael Jackson style, then that would be considered weird and not a "normal" upbringing. Besides, the post was taking a shot at the kid's looks not at Ford's parenting.

As in buying Renata's silence, you mean?

Possible, of course - although the estate trust (of father) and the family trust (set up by father) most probably require a majority of Diane and 'my 3 sons' to approve such a payment (Kathy is not a signatory, it is said).

You do realize you gave him $90 towards inflicting himself on us for another 4 years, right? $90 buys a lot of magnets or stickers or lawn signs! What if it is that $90 which will make the difference between him losing (and saving us all from further criminal shenanigans) and winning? Maybe you could sell the bobble heads and donate the money to another (any!) candidate's campaign.

I think he is a Ford fan.

The kids are part of his life. Who decides what is a normal amount of exposure and what constitutes "trotting them out"?

If he kept them too hidden and threw a sheet over their heads, Michael Jackson style, then that would be considered weird and not a "normal" upbringing. Besides, the post was taking a shot at the kid's looks not at Ford's parenting.

Photo ops are not part of normal family life, to keep context, does Dougie do the same thing with his family? Since he does not then I would come to the conclusion that it is not a given in a political family, and that it is parenting choice.

Everyone enjoys an opinion, right or wrong in the eyes of the MOD.

If sexual comments or insinuation of violence were used then I would call foul, and rightfully so, but getting back to my comment to Pattty... why not include Renata in you condemnation? If Robbie is fair game but not his family, then what are you promoting?

Last edited:
I think he is a Ford fan.

The mind boggles and explodes at the mere suggestion that any human can be a fan ...

And the fact Kimmel authorized use of his name is beyond repugnant. Then again, he has no skin in the game. Except as it relates to late night ratings ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back