387     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 538     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 882     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, besides every single member of the Ford family, who are the anonymous big-time "movers and shakers" involved in the spectacle that is this campaign team?

Yup, way better to pack 'em in than have a half-empty venue. Optics. Doug Ford (wrongly) though that free stuff would draw a crowd in addition to the crazy Nation. However, it would'a' been awesome if more Ford naysayers had shown up than supporters. There were some hecklers, though, and a lot of the reporters looked like they were biting their tongues.

I've passed by the Congress Centre on occasion when they had BIG gathering there. Getting into the parking lot from Dixon Road must take seemingly forever, the line up of cars look very long. There is a north entrance from Martin Grove Road, but I've had a reason to go to the Congress Centre.

Free food maybe a good lure for some, but the lineup of cars would have been a turnoff for me. Having to fill in an address card, would probably get me to fill in a false address and a 416-555----- telephone number. (The 555 exchange is used in movies and television for telephone numbers.)

As it happened, I just watched most of it on CP24. I had to shake my head by Rob's remarks, especially when he does the opposite.

I've passed by the Congress Centre on occasion when they had BIG gathering there. Getting into the parking lot from Dixon Road must take seemingly forever, the line up of cars look very long. There is a north entrance from Martin Grove Road, but I've had a reason to go to the Congress Centre.

Free food maybe a good lure for some, but the lineup of cars would have been a turnoff for me. Having to fill in an address card, would probably get me to fill in a false address and a 416-555----- telephone number. (The 555 exchange is used in movies and television for telephone numbers.)

As it happened, I just watched most of it on CP24. I had to shake my head by Rob's remarks, especially when he does the opposite.

This also exposes the lameness of Doug's ideas (and the fact he obviously never recovered his lost voter's list): they are offering people free booze in order to get their contact info. It's all indicative of a campaign in which "Traditional" methods of fundraising are not working at all. I might have justified buying a bobblehead as a gag when the $ were going to United Way but I couldn't possibly, even as a gag, now. Eventually the bobblhead market will be saturated, I daresay, and Doug will have to scrape the bottom of the empty barrel that is his brain to come up with something better.

(And as someone else pointed out, the night before Good Friday was extremely stupid timing. I forgot they even publish a paper today but it's certainly not a substantial paper and obviously a big % of the city has other things on their minds today. They are preaching to a small, devout converted at this point.)

This guy has always seemed pretty straight up to me, but this post is rather cryptic:

Tony Smyth ‏@LateNightCam 3h <--- 11:34 pm
He almost made it home. Met someone at gas station. Quick hand off. Drove home. Sat in his driveway 5 min now mobile in the wind.

then a few minutes later he has this exchange (pardon the language):
@NOSELFIESB 3h <--- 11:45 pm
Just met my nigga rob ford...he too real for loitering outside a subway... pic.twitter.com/vWz3vEf4jZ

Tony Smyth ‏@LateNightCam 3h <--- 11:48 pm
@NOSELFIESB where was this?

@NOSELFIESB 3h <--- 11:50pm
@LateNightCam 401 and weston rd

the pic (to avoid being sort of a hypocrite "noselfies" crops the pic, I guess :p):
BleY4oRCEAAhDEa.jpg:large

Has there been any follow up to this? Nothing further on these Twitter feeds but it appears Rob didn't go home with his lovely wife, beautiful daughter and handsome son ...

Thanks to anyone who watched it and sacrificed their eyes and ears. For those of us who won't watch, what did he say?

He essentially accused Jimmy Kimmel of being a bully...lots of expletives. I got the feeling though that Frank was sending a message to Ford to cool it. After viewing it I did a little google-fu and wound up reading a little bit of Frank's autobiography. (That's called taking one for the team). Interesting to note....he once sold apple juice door to door....

I'll bet he had a goofy nickname like juiceboy or juicy....or.....

He essentially accused Jimmy Kimmel of being a bully...lots of expletives. I got the feeling though that Frank was sending a message to Ford to cool it. After viewing it I did a little google-fu and wound up reading a little bit of Frank's autobiography. (That's called taking one for the team). Interesting to note....he once sold apple juice door to door....

Great job on this one wheeler98! This makes sense.

Has there been any follow up to this? Nothing further on these Twitter feeds but it appears Rob didn't go home with his lovely wife, beautiful daughter and handsome son ...

For the life of me I can't understand why some reporter doesn't just follow him around. He'd be busted and a great narrative would be uncovered in no time.

Great job on this one wheeler98! This makes sense.
I kind of feel like folks missed my previous D'Angelo posts.
New information also ties Frank D'Angelo to the Crips and Bloods, two of the biggest, most violent street gangs in North America... and the cause of much of the recent gun violence in Toronto and Vancouver...
So for all the gun-lovers out there who are upset about gun violence/crime causing Canadians to want more gun control laws, you have a new group of people to blame: The Mafia. After all if there's smuggling involved, the mafia is usually the ones doing it in large container ships that aren't checked thoroughly at docks...
What is funny is that its not the Russian mafia or the Chinese... this is the good ol' fashioned Italian mafia...
That is until some idiotic fop like Frank D'Angelo appears. D'Angelo was born to Italian/Sicilian immigrants here in Toronto. In the 1980s and 90s he built up a beverage/food company with the help of Al Palladini (born in Italy, but later became Minister of Transportation under Premier Mike Harris)...
In 2002 Frank D'Angelo went into the beer business, promoting his Steelback Brewery. The brewery later went bust and filed for bankruptcy protection in 2007 after defrauding investor Barry Sherman of $102 million CDN. D'Angelo lost control of the brewery to Sherman's son and eventually it went bust in 2009. Records show that D'Angelo wasted a lot of the money sponsoring sporting events, including quite a few transactions that look more like money laundering...
Since then its come out the Toronto police have been infiltrated by the mafia, that drug and gun money is being laundered in Toronto through legitimate bank accounts belonging to local businessmen, and this money is being used to pay and supply guns to local gangs (including the Bloods and the Crips)....
If someone in the mafia had any brains they'd shoot Frank D'Angelo before he does another stupid thing which lands a bunch of them all in prison...
Remember what I said at the top about a tangled web of deceit? The mafia, Frank D'Angelo, crooked cops and even crooked politicians.

None of the interesting stuff about Frank D'Angelo is in his autobiography.

oh snap

D'Angelo and Ben Johnson, I Cheetah all the Time

From a National Post ITO story, emphasis mine:
In a conversations intercepted the next day, Siyad is heard saying that “Rob Ford’s driver is calling Juiceman and saying that “you’re f—ing dead and everybody on your block is dead.”

Juiceman later joins the call, according to the affidavit, and says “the man” — whom police believe to be Lisi — called him and warned: “If that video gets released, I’m gonna, I’m gonna run through all your houses, me and all the, all the Toronto Police, we’re gonna, we’re gonna, we’re gonna done, all you done, we I’m gonna done you guys.
Of course, Ben doesn't live in the Dixon high-rises, nor is he Somali, but here's a link to Ben Johnson as stutterer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back