387     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 537     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 881     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy has always seemed pretty straight up to me, but this post is rather cryptic:

Tony Smyth ‏@LateNightCam 3h <--- 11:34 pm
He almost made it home. Met someone at gas station. Quick hand off. Drove home. Sat in his driveway 5 min now mobile in the wind.

then a few minutes later he has this exchange (pardon the language):
@NOSELFIESB 3h <--- 11:45 pm
Just met my nigga rob ford...he too real for loitering outside a subway... pic.twitter.com/vWz3vEf4jZ

Tony Smyth ‏@LateNightCam 3h <--- 11:48 pm
@NOSELFIESB where was this?

@NOSELFIESB 3h <--- 11:50pm
@LateNightCam 401 and weston rd

the pic (to avoid being sort of a hypocrite "noselfies" crops the pic, I guess :p):
BleY4oRCEAAhDEa.jpg:large

Last edited:
my favourite twitter post (other than all the shots of the empty room) --

Balloons, bowls of potato chips, chocolate eggs, and a firetruck. Rob Ford just threw himself the best 8 year old's birthday party
https://twitter.com/jesseronan/status/456959830067257344

I howled with laughter when I read this. Now we know what Rob is going to do with 10,000 chocolate eggs.

And how is that firetruck legal for a campaign? Doesn't it violate the election sign laws? I knew a candidate who was told he couldn't have one of those portable lighted signs (the kind that can be hooked up to a trailer hitch). He owned the sign as part of his business, but was told it violated the election sign law which has very specific limitations on the size and type of signs after another candidate complained.
https://twitter.com/search?q=RobFord firetruck&src=typd&mode=photos

Mini-rant: it's not helping when media such as CBC gloss over the half-empty photo posted above. If someone were to watch their report, which just came up on TV a few minutes ago at the midnight re-run, you would've got the impression of the event being a hit.

Actually, why the hell WAS it on national TV in the first place? Just because this guy is an international moron? Ugh.

I have believed for some time now that the media has an interest in making Ford seem more electable than he is. It sells papers to scare the crap out of people. If everyone thought Ford's career was over, nobody would click the articles or buy papers to read about this freak show.

I have believed for some time now that the media has an interest in making Ford seem more electable than he is. It sells papers to scare the crap out of people. If everyone thought Ford's career was over, nobody would click the articles or buy papers to read about this freak show.

It's working.

from Don Peat's twitter feed:

Jesse Hawken ‏@jessehawken
"There were over half a million people at last night's Rob Ford rally" - Warmington

As an elected official, Rob's been with the City long enough to know it's almost impossible to get fired. Especially now with all the treatment programmes. There's no shame in getting help anymore.

Unless you become a public disgrace, they'll tolerate almost anything.

At least, that's the way I remember the dept. I was a member of.

I guess we shall find out in Oct. how tolerant the voters are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back