726     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 502     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 538     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what body issues have to do with this. An athlete by definition is someone who is proficient at sports, and unless you count trampling reporters and cameramen as a sport, he hasn't met that definition for decades.

As much as I abhor the man and everything he does and stands for... I have to say that he is incredibly agile for a man of his (considerable) girth. I've seen a couple of videos where I've been amazed at how quick he can be... I'm sure he has no stamina but I do think he does possess some natural athletic attributes.

No it isn't worth commenting on. He's been heavily involved in athletics for years, and is a huge sports fan. It's a fair comment.

There is so much valid complaints one can make about Ford. There's no reason to go here ...

Show some respect. Just because he's a wife-beating drug addicted pathological lying extortionist wannabe mobster isn't any reason to be discourteous about his body issues.

Same goes for you!

I like the air show, but it doesn't make me a pilot.

As much as I abhor the man and everything he does and stands for... I have to say that he is incredibly agile for a man of his (considerable) girth. I've seen a couple of videos where I've been amazed at how quick he can be... I'm sure he has no stamina but I do think he does possess some natural athletic attributes.

Daniel Dale would agree. Ford charged at him, fist cocked, and performed football blocking moves to keep him from escaping. That screams "athlete" to me!

Like the skills he showed when he tried to plow down a 12 year old kid at a soccer camp? Yeah, a true athlete...give the kid a break, ffs...

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/04/09/m...cking-soccer-ball-at-young-goalie-in-toronto/

Assuming Ford Sr only knew Flaherty from circa 1995 onwards I doubt he was like a "father figure" to Rob who would have already been in his 20's. No doubt Rob will try to make it seem that way in hopes of scoring a few points in the polls but I doubt he sees Flaherty's death as a reason not to get wasted or do something inappropriate.

... I have to say that he is incredibly agile for a man of his (considerable) girth. I've seen a couple of videos where I've been amazed at how quick he can be... I'm sure he has no stamina but I do think he does possess some natural athletic attributes.

Perhaps so. If he could shed some weight and cut down on his drinking that would be a step in the right direction. I don't believe he uses tobacco? So that's a good thing.

He's only 44, so he should be able to get into decent shape, and it looks like he has a couple of trainers.

The gym at City Hall isn't bad either. ( Metro Hall has a better one, in my opinion. )

Last edited:
People at the Star must definitely read UT. Tomorrow's cartoon.
ford not in jail yet.jpg

Attachments

• ford not in jail yet.jpg
    ford not in jail yet.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 850
He's only 44, so he should be able to get into decent shape, and it looks like he has a couple of trainers.

The weight *was* coming off, but to me it looks as though he's already put part of it back on, new suit be damned. I don't think Ford has the discipline. Has he ever been a normal weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back