298     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 449     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 821     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I abhor the man and everything he does and stands for... I have to say that he is incredibly agile for a man of his (considerable) girth. I've seen a couple of videos where I've been amazed at how quick he can be... I'm sure he has no stamina but I do think he does possess some natural athletic attributes.

Back when that Iraqi journalist threw his shoes at George W Bush, I remarked that he was quite agile and quick at ducking the first one and alert and ready to dodge the second one even before it was thrown. And I joked that I guess the drugs he once tried didn't affect his reflexes... to which an acquaintance replied "Actually cocaine makes you more alert."

just sayin' ...

For anybody who thinks selfies with Rob Ford are implicit endorsements...

https://twitter.com/hunterschwarz/status/454434592531832832

"The 105 is shut down bc of police negotiations w/ a man on a bridge, & people are taking selfies"

This is a pic of a lady taking a selfie of her and a guy threatening to do a Peter Pan off the Brooklyn Bridge. Selfie takers would have had a lot of opportunities at the Bloor Viaduct. But, not since the city installed the Luminous Veil. Not sure how Rob voted on that one?

http://prod.static9.net.au/~/media/images/2013/december/5/0512_selfie_sp.ashx?h=360&w=640

Assuming Ford Sr only knew Flaherty from circa 1995 onwards I doubt he was like a "father figure" to Rob who would have already been in his 20's. No doubt Rob will try to make it seem that way in hopes of scoring a few points in the polls but I doubt he sees Flaherty's death as a reason not to get wasted or do something inappropriate.

Given that political office seems to be Rob Ford's family-directed vocation, and in the absence of his late father, JF probably did serve as some kind of surrogate on that path. In terms of political mentoring, JF likely played the role of a 'wise guide' to young(er), and relatively, political neophyte Rob Ford. Ford is doubtlessly gutted by these events. One doubts scoring points is top-of-mind.

That said, the man does not grieve well. This could possibly be a catalyst for some really hellacious and spectacular bender. Hopefully not, but history would suggest that ought not be unexpected. Sad all around, really.

Last edited:
I could see him trying some sort of crash diet as the election nears.

There's all sorts of medically supervised non-surgical programs. He works for the city, they can help if he asks for it. In fact, they have offered him help I believe.

This place deals with everything:
http://www.bellwood.ca/eating-disorders/

Last edited:
I think Kevin Donovan is writing one too but he's waiting for the final shoe to drop.

I don't really see what's left to write that could get public attention, post-Crazy Town, unless the final shoe that drops is something that changes the whole story, like Ford runs a puppy murder ring or something.

I think Kevin Donovan is writing one too but he's waiting for the final shoe to drop.

Everyone's a critic, but...I hope it's co-authored with someone who can actually write. Donovan is an incredible investigative reporter, but man he really is a clunky writer. I find his pieces actually really unclear and awkward. Same goes for Doolittle. As someone with a very unhealthy addiction to this whole crazy saga, I find it frustrating that the two reporters who do the best work on it are kind of crappy at actually writing.

Everyone's a critic, but...I hope it's co-authored with someone who can actually write. Donovan is an incredible investigative reporter, but man he really is a clunky writer. I find his pieces actually really unclear and awkward. Same goes for Doolittle. As someone with a very unhealthy addiction to this whole crazy saga, I find it frustrating that the two reporters who do the best work on it are kind of crappy at actually writing.

Charlie LeDuff, as I said earlier, is the only reporter and writer I can think of who could possibly do justice to this story.

I enjoy his reports from Detroit.

Last edited:
Interesting. Didn't see that coming. I kinda figured Doolittle would release expanded content for the softcover release... which should be right around Election Day (if it does get a softcover release).

He's got a whole other group of probably better sources. Plus he's worked a lot longer on the crack scandal stuff. Lots of stuff related to Sandro and Price and Doug that hasn't been made public yet

Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase give us a couple hints about Doug :D

"The 105 is shut down bc of police negotiations w/ a man on a bridge, & people are taking selfies"

This is a pic of a lady taking a selfie of her and a guy threatening to do a Peter Pan off the Brooklyn Bridge. Selfie takers would have had a lot of opportunities at the Bloor Viaduct. But, not since the city installed the Luminous Veil. Not sure how Rob voted on that one?

http://prod.static9.net.au/~/media/images/2013/december/5/0512_selfie_sp.ashx?h=360&w=640

Rob Ford said that instead of spending money on suicide prevention they should spend it on catching pedophiles since that's what makes most people kill themselves anyway.

Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back