52     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 335     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 372     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with TOBorn on this one. Something isn't right about the whole "gone to Asia" line. IIRC she was depressed and struggling to make ends meet as a physiotherapist, then suddenly she's got enough money to go to Asia and not even bother to tell her family or friends. Could be just coincidence, but sure is odd.

It's odd for sure, but there's not a lot to go on. The 'depressed and struggling' story could be just that, a story. If she did in fact tell her family and friends, wouldn't that make it a false missing-person report?

It could be a voluntary disappearance, e.g., maybe she socked away enough money to get away (or maybe she just charged it).

If the police cancelled the report without comment, that suggests something that is not meant to be disclosed, but what? What is it connected to?

Rant on/

Where is OUR Charlie LeDuff ( not LeDrew! ) ?

Our "Knight in White Satin Armour".

Is there no reporter in "Crazy Town" that is in Charlie's league? With the brains and chutzpah required. I think our City Hall reporters are nice, but most ( all? ) are in over their heads. Time to call in the U.S. Cavalry!

Read his book, "DETROIT: An American Autopsy" if you have a chance.

/ rant off!

Last edited:
The point of the rebate program is a good one - to encourage ordinary citizens to support campaigns (i.e. instead of corporations). It's a good tool to improve civic engagement. I think it's like $300 in Markham so Toronto's $1000 seems a bit much but then it's a bigger city with a big mayoral race.
Good point. I had thought the rules were province-wide, but a bit of digging shows me that for the 2010 Markham municipal election, the rebate limit was $350 for a contribution of $550; amounts beyond $550 received no further rebate.

So, putting aside how the Fords are benefiting from it, the rebates are a good program, particularly if you're a newbie trying to take out an incumbent.

I agree. The rebates are well-intentioned and something of a democratic leveller. The program will certainly make me more likely to donate to a campaign. The issue I take with the Fords' promotion of it is the straightforward hypocrisy of them throwing around our tax dollars to promote their clearly bogus Gravy Train rhetoric. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Witness protection!

Someone found her Facebook profile stating she's in Asia, which backs up what I was told. I also asked TPS about her. They say they can't talk about her. I asked can they at least verify that she's no longer missing. Then they reply that they just cancelled her missing person's report. I didn't see anything to verify that though. The owner of the house where that girl left her car in front of, Ken Boot, was apparently a client of Lisi's and he also rented his garage out to him.

What do you mean "fiction"!

I'd just have to write the reality of Toronto......then the Star would sue me for plagiarism! Lol!

Les Nessman, I have a question… are you writing a pulp fiction novel about the mafia? Because if not you should!

But seriously, it's already been alluded here that she may have seen something at that specific house and scrambled out of there leaving her car behind. Therefore my Columbo skills tell me she tried to go into hiding. Police know of her true location and as JimmiT states, they will not talk about her.

Connect the dots, folks;)

Last edited:
Whose job is it to be on top of the illegal campaigning?

Alex Naylor ‏@_alexnaylor 3m
Thomson presser at NPS, Fords pitching bobbleheads at CH - illegal mayoral campaigning everywhere! #TOPoli

Someone found her Facebook profile stating she's in Asia, which backs up what I was told. I also asked TPS about her. They say they can't talk about her. I asked can they at least verify that she's no longer missing. Then they reply that they just cancelled her missing person's report. I didn't see anything to verify that though. The owner of the house where that girl left her car in front of, Ken Boot, was apparently a client of Lisi's and he also rented his garage out to him.

Thanks for that. This was beginning to gnaw at my sanity. It's nice to know I'm not crazy (yet). I'll leave this alone and hope the answers will flow somewhere down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back