5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 705     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the "wait and see" situation was created to prompt the release of the remaining ITO information - in a bid to get people talking, people who might have evidence or be potential witnesses.

Perhaps the OPP had to step away due to potential conflict of interest with the Provinces own internal Jailhouse beating investigation? If they were to flag wave that conflict they might actually be prejudicing opinion and effect the opportunity for the accused to get fair trials?

The latest developments in the Ford saga are pretty damn disheartening. Let's just say that I'll never sanction political violence, but I'd be perfectly happy to see this amoral shitstain's own way of life catch up with him. I'll gladly accept a heart attack, OD, or drunkenly driving his Escalade into a wall at 100MPH in place of criminal charges.

I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with the legal avenue - let's put it this way, the evidence put forth so far is so damning, it's pretty much pure ammunition for attacking him on incompetence, corruption, etc. And best yet - you don't have to legally test it.

AoD

Because you're going to hear Ford say "I am not a criminal", and "If I did something wrong, I would be in jail" until October, and this will resonate with the same idiots that voted him into office. It will also bolster the idea that the lefty elites, and John Tory, and Andy Pringle, and Bill Blair all tried to conspire against him.

Whatever the result now, any arrest is tainted. This is over. Done.
you forgot Zing!

The fact that Rob and Doug are thanking the OPP is rather shady, in my opinion.
yours and mine

somebody called in some markers

I am no fan of the police and am typically very critical of them, but I have a lot of confidence and respect in Giroux. I do not think he'd push for the laying of charges unless he had a strong case.
this is what we need more of... optimism

Because you're going to hear Ford say "I am not a criminal", and "If I did something wrong, I would be in jail" until October, and this will resonate with the same idiots that voted him into office. It will also bolster the idea that the lefty elites, and John Tory, and Andy Pringle, and Bill Blair all tried to conspire against him.

At this point, how many are there is left to be convinced? You are either in the he is innocent camp, or he is a crook camp.

AoD

ding ding ding ding ding

The average moron voter will think he didn't do any of the stuff he did, because he wasn't charged.

Toronto is done.

For all the breaking Tweets, it seems more that the case is at a standstill rather than wrapping up:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-investigation-by-police-at-a-standstill-1.2596914

I think the media may have overplayed their hands here.

You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Clearly TPS want his head on a platter and they've been told, in so many words, to get their shinebox. So, everyone is saying there's nothing new (which I guess means they found nothing on the phone?) but they're saying they'll keep fighting anyway. That's mildly encouraging, but I mostly have the image of Giroux as the old Japanese soldier in the cave who doesn't know the war is over.

I am gutted about this, but can't join in the optimism. Daniel Dale just essentially discredited Metroman and if the TPS haven't found damning evidence on Lisi's cloud and with months and months of investigating, I doubt they'll find it now. The Toronto Sun comments section (which previously had been mostly against Ford) is now full of gloaters and the trolls seem to be back here, too. It's bad, bad news.

Wish I could take solace in one of my favourite quotes: "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice"

2 minutes ago
Do you think that Chief Blair will be fired because of the enormous cost of investigation & the fact Police let Rob Ford DRINK & DRIVE & possibly buy drugs & got no charges at all laid?

Daniel Dale: Remember that we don't know for a fact that Ford was driving drunk, though he has admitted "drinking" and driving. Regardless, there is no chance Chief Blair will be fired for any of this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back