4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 699     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of sounding like Ford....if this is actually over, I'd like to know how much time and money TPS spent coming up with nothing.
(I mean appreciate, all the details we keep getting of just how dirty and stupid this guy is, but that doesn't justify renting a Cessna.)

Maybe it's just the bitterness talking but I expect a raft of press conferences from Giroux on down explaining what happened here.

why? they were doing their jobs, investigating crime and following leads. they are not the prosecutors. It's not their fault someone else killed the investigation (if that has indeed happened). They did not come up with "nothing" -- you know it, I know it... everyone knows it.

Here;s MM's latest:
Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 21m
Millions of dollars in resources, judges readily authorizing surveillance and search warrants. No charges? Think about that rationally.
Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 25m
@Mousie_Jane if anything changed since I left the country, that would be a significant turnaround. TPS & Crown still back charges.

It truly is astonishing. He never suffers any consequences, ever, for anything he does, while simultaneously making no effort at all at disguising his bascially anti-social, small-time criminal nature. And he's nothing more than a minor hoodlum with subhuman intelligence levels and a thug family that has pretensions to gentility. I've never seen anything quite like this in my life. It's bizarre to watch.

Meanwhile, our cowardly and utterly worthless council is letting him off the hook - again! - in regards to his "mistaken" votes yesterday, and our local police force have just shown themselves to be the laughing stock of the world. As indeed they are, if they end up out-witted by the likes of Doug & Rob Ford.

why? they were doing their jobs, investigating crime and following leads. they are not the prosecutors. It's not their fault someone else killed the investigation (if that has indeed happened). They did not come up with "nothing" -- you know it, I know it... everyone knows it.

Exactly. This doesn't change what we know, or what was revealed today.

Oh man. The Ford nation gloating is gonna be unbearable...

Time to pick one of the mayoral candidates and throw all the support you can behind them folks...

But now with NOTHING going forward the Crack Video will most definitely leak out - game over.

It's hardly game over (people expect it, he will point to it being released as a political attack, etc) but I really do hope it gets leaked now. Maybe journalists need to ask Rob if he still wants it released.

Don't worry guys, TPS has thrown you a bone:

@jlancasterCBC: As it stands, #RobFord will not face any charges, barring new evidence. #Toronto police tell #CBC: "still work to be done." #TOpoli

So that's just confirming what the OPP and TPS said in the Star today. The thing that seems to have changed is the Crown is siding with the OPP, so charges are no longer imminent.

Well, that, ladies and gentlemen, concludes one of the greatest scandals in Toronto history. I see no reason why we should ever trust the Toronto Police Service again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back