4.8K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 691     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fantino. I'm wondering what his angle is. With every other 'respectable' conservative politician you could name back-peddling from the Fords as fast as humanly possible in recent months, what motivation could Ghoulie Julie have for interfering in the Brazen investigation? Always assuming, of course, that he's actually done so...but I find I'm not disinclined to believe it's in character for him. He and Ford strike me as birds of a feather. So what gives? Is it just a case of him helping out a "buddy," i.e. another socially reactionary neandrathal? Or is there more at work? I seem to recall that both he and Ford had quite a few similar names cropping up on their lists of political donors - and some of them rather on the shady side, too - if that means anything...

Jesus in the ITO there's so much chatter implicating Ford (Ford's people, police) following the Gawker/Star story and they found nothing to nail down the obvious?

Delurking to drop my two totally unqualified cents on this one. Here's my wild speculation based on all the info we have:

When TPS and AG first start talking to OPP about oversight, TPS says they have a good case but it will be a home run when evidence from one of their recent search warrants, likely Lisi's iCloud account, comes in. OPP agrees based on this. However, when the new evidence comes in the home run is missing. Now the OPP gets nervous, they have no skin in this game and aren't interested in shouldering embarrassment if things go south at trial. Even if they think there's a pretty good chance at conviction, they aren't willing to risk it so they start quietly pulling back. When TPS sees this, they know how badly it could go for them so they leak about a disagreement between the two forces. OPP relinquishes control publicly and now TPS can do what they want and take their own risks.

If this is the case I think two things could happen:

1. TPS have all the evidence they think they're going to get and charges are laid in the next couple of days. They are willing to bet on their case.

2. The case really does need more evidence. OPP thinks it will never happen but TPS is going to keep digging. If this is the case we will only ever see charges if some new evidence breaks, which at this point is increasingly unlikely but certainly not impossible. If their were promising leads I doubt we would see the OPP pulling back at this point.

And in the time it took me to write this, people are now saying that Ford will never get charged. So looks like option 2 for sure.

The CROWN is apparently saying no charges:

dave seglins ‏@cbcdaveseglins
#CBCNews Exclusive: #RobFord probe results in no charges. Crown tells #Torontopolice and #OPP no evidence to lay further crack video charges

So yeah, it's over...

Sad, sad day.

Don't let it get you down, that's the only joy Ford Nation has left. Plus it's only a matter of time until Ford manages to find himself in deeper trouble. I thought it was sad after the COI, but then along came Brazen II. One "good" thing about Ford is that he does not learn from his mistakes.

Maybe the cops started a new investigation as an off shoot of Brazen 2 called Project Dooooomsday! All the juicy evidence is in THAT investigation.

The CROWN is apparently saying no charges:

dave seglins ‏@cbcdaveseglins 3m
#CBCNews Exclusive: #RobFord probe results in no charges. Crown tells #Torontopolice and #OPP no evidence to lay further crack video charges

Yup, it's over...

I know this word is not allowed but I think an exception will be made when I say FUCK!

teeny sliver of hope that TPS said the investigations was still going as of this am ?

TPS done fucked up royal:

@cbcdaveseglins: #CBCNews Exclusive: #RobFord probe results in no charges. Crown tells #Torontopolice and #OPP no evidence to lay further crack video charges

I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with the legal avenue - let's put it this way, the evidence put forth so far is so damning, it's pretty much pure ammunition for attacking him on incompetence, corruption, etc. And best yet - you don't have to legally test it.

AoD

This is like watching a 500 hour miniseries and the season finale is less satisfying than How I Met Your Mother.

If Brazen is indeed dead or ultimately comes to nothing re Ford, I do hope the TPS won't be overlooking any further dui's or obvious public drunkenness/intoxication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back