563     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 647     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get unsubscribed from this site? I've written twice to administration to delete my account.
Is the problem that you're getting emailed every time there's a new post to a thread?

Top right corner Settings > Subscriptions and delete the Subscribed threads.

Also go to Forum Actions > General Settings and change Default Thread Subscription Mode to "Do Not Subscribe"

Last edited:
Well, he was definitely at City Hall last night. Sit-in saw him arrive around 6 when the building was starting to close up. The lights were still on in his office when I passed by on my way home from work a little after 11.

Hmm...seems Rob Ford Work Watch has a dilemma!

Appearing at City Hall usually means working - it's usually the freest of free passes. But how does one count the hours he spent getting shit-faced in his office? And at what point did "work" turn into getting wasted?

This is all so ridiculous. I cant' believe these are questions I ask myself about our Mayor. Can't wait for CTV to broadcast their video.

I just went to the St. Patrick's Day Parade and I saw a "Mayor Rob Ford" St. Patrick's Day sticked on one of the light poles. This from the guy who told me he was going to clean up the postering (paper, glue, tape, paste & dirt) on street poles. (Yes, I did have a phone conversation with the man himself) Now he's contributing to the dirt on street poles. Sheesh!

And of course, the mayor was in the parade giving out green beads and posing for pictures, like any rock star would.

Last edited:
That wouldn't be enough. They would have to show that he knew that "whatever you think you need" included violent means.

For example:

Lets say I'm at work, and there's a big deadline on friday. I've got to leave for a business trip, so I tell one of my employees "This has to be done by friday, no matter what. You do whatever you need to to make sure this gets done." Then head out the door.

If my employee beats other members of the team with a stick to get them to work faster, I can't reasonably charged because that person took illegal actions in my absence.

There is no reasonable expectation on my part that he's going to do illegal things. The whole society works because in general we expect each other to obey the law. I expected him to work late, to ask people to help, to cancel or delay other less important projects etc. I defintely don't expect him to beat people because that's just not part of what happens in an office.

Things would be different if there was an earlier situation where I had left and he had beat everyone. In that case there would be a history that I knew about. So I would have a reasonable expectation that it could happen again.

Or if the employee asked "Anything? What's that mean?" and I said "Give em a little extra encouragement, and I'm not talking about bonuses." well now it's starting to become plausible that I intended something like the beatings to occur.

So it's not enough for them to have Ford saying "Do whatever you need to get that video back." They would have to show that he was aware of the actions that Sandro was going to take, that he approved of them and was directly involved in the decision to carry them out.

Was Henry II culpable for the death of Thomas Becket?

Was Henry II culpable for the death of Thomas Becket?

Historically speaking, no. The knights that killed Thomas we're sleep deprived and weren't in their right minds when they killed him at Cantebury. Henry merely asked a rhetorical question.

Well, he was definitely at City Hall last night. Sit-in saw him arrive around 6 when the building was starting to close up. The lights were still on in his office when I passed by on my way home from work a little after 11.

Wonder whether his driver showed up. If not, there's a good chance he put the good citizens of Toronto at risk on his drive home. As usual.

Historically speaking, no. The knights that killed Thomas we're sleep deprived and weren't in their right minds when they killed him at Cantebury. Henry merely asked a rhetorical question.

On thy other hand, Henry did procureth and feed unto his knights the Twinkies.

Getting wasted for the cameras is one of the few ways Rob can garner attention at this point in their hilarious anti-campaign... who needs to organize a rally, create a platform, stick to a message? Just cue the next "drunken stupor" clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back