574     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: "So he’d lose his seat as soon as he’s sentenced to jail time?"

A: "No. It’s when a person starts serving that sentence."

Should have a pool for that date.

Best guess, anyone?

It's pretty obvious (already!) he would appeal any conviction as far as it can go. Even if he's arrested next week he might not go to jail til 2017 or something. guessing at that date is pointless.

I wouldn't sweat the notion he has to be in jail to be kicked out. A guy running for mayor while out on bail for extortion and conspiracy charges is not going to do so well. I've stood by my belief that he won't end up with much more than 15% when all is said and done. If he's actually arrested and out on bail and STILL running, I'd knock that down to 10%. And, the lefty in me shudders at the thought but, really...if anyone votes for him under those circumstances, they are clearly so selfish and deluded that I don't have much of a problem of someone deported them out of the city. It's insane ANYONE would vote for him at this point but if he's arrested and still persists? Anyone who votes for him wouldn't be someone I'd really regard as a fellow citizen. Democracy is all fine and good but we've all got our limits.

FYI. Rob showed up an hour late for TCHC meeting this a.m. at the Etobicoke Civic Centre. Here's the vid from his (surprisingly civilized) scrum. He looks kinda hungover to me. Any other thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfk3Vi8BYWA&feature=youtu.be&ac

An hour late yet nobody in the media asked him where he was. I am so tired of him being late to every little thing.

It's also pretty sad/pathetic that he looks that tired/hungover at noon.

If media's there to catch a perp walk what do you think he'd say? He's so delusional, I bet it'd be something like, "I've done nothing wrong. I'll be back fighting for taxpayers tomorrow."

That's a fair guess. Also possible: "Subways,subways, subways!" or "I'm just an average guy! I don't even know if I can post bail; I'm poor as a church mouse!"

Interesting to see everyone is expecting an arrest by May at the latest. You have to love the optimism. Better than St. Patty's day would be March 18. Just roll in on him, a la Project Traveler, at like 6 a.m., while he's nursing his hangover.

Here's a poll: Who here has already purchased champagne or cigars or otherwise already got a plan for what they're going to do after the perp walk?

A Q&D kick at that button from earlier...
drink_smoke.jpg

Attachments

• drink_smoke.jpg
    drink_smoke.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 381
Interesting to see everyone is expecting an arrest by May at the latest. You have to love the optimism. Better than St. Patty's day would be March 18. Just roll in on him, a la Project Traveler, at like 6 a.m., while he's nursing his hangover.

I would think it would be more torturous if he missed St. Paddy's Day or even better - a Leafs Playoff game.

If he's actually arrested and out on bail and STILL running, I'd knock that down to 10%. And, the lefty in me shudders at the thought but, really...if anyone votes for him under those circumstances, they are clearly so selfish and deluded that I don't have much of a problem of someone deported them out of the city. It's insane ANYONE would vote for him at this point but if he's arrested and still persists? Anyone who votes for him wouldn't be someone I'd really regard as a fellow citizen. Democracy is all fine and good but we've all got our limits.

The fact that he is still considered a viable candidate at this point is shocking as it is.
I think it's a sign that this society is going through a deep moral crisis.

The fact that he is still considered a viable candidate at this point is shocking as it is.
I think it's a sign that this society is going through a deep moral crisis.

I tend to think this week was the watershed - where the antics have just gone too far for most peoples tolerance. Doug's attack on the Chief is VERY UN-CANADIAN and I think many have had enough.

I am looking forward to the next set of up to date polls.

I tend to think this week was the watershed - where the antics have just gone too far for most peoples tolerance. Doug's attack on the Chief is VERY UN-CANADIAN and I think many have had enough.

I am looking forward to the next set of up to date polls.

I surely hope you're right, but frankly I was dismayed in 2010 when 383,000 people condoned wife-beating

That's a fair guess. Also possible: "Subways,subways, subways!" or "I'm just an average guy! I don't even know if I can post bail; I'm poor as a church mouse!"

Here's a poll: Who here has already purchased champagne or cigars or otherwise already got a plan for what they're going to do after the perp walk?

Excellent stuff. I would add the following:

" I have the best criminal lawyer in Canada, Dennis Morris, and he's gonna show the taxpayers that this is just the Chief playin' politics and tryin' to get his buddy elected."

PS: It's 4:20, do you know where your mayor is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back