5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 710     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I have to assume charges are coming (in addition to the repeated violations of several laws). Think of the possibility that the election comes and goes with no charges against Rob and/or Doug. Guess which institution the Fords, Warmington, Levy, et al. will dedicate their lives to fighting .(You think Rob will shut up even if he loses? Fuck, 1010's probably already keeping a chair warm for him). And, unlike the flower-watering budget at City Hall, we spend real money on the police. Rob alluded to it yesterday when talking about Blair coming to his office begging for money. It won't be pretty. Having said that, the charges have to stick - hence the police taking their time.

Wormington is on CP24 now being grilled by the "biased" Stephen Ledrew. What an idiot. Talks in the same hoser-speak as Doug Ford. Is there some weird cult of "Holy-jumpin', Buddy, I gotta get my Timmies!" canuckleheads having secret meetings to solidify talking points before they go on tv to spout nonsense? And I'm not the biggest Toronto police booster in the world, but Wormington carries his distrust of the cops to a pathological degree. I guess he must have gotten a ride on the Cherry Beach express once upon a time.

OK I have compiled a list of the Arrest Pool entries so far. Some people threw out multiple dates, so I just picked one of those.
Please double check that I have the right date for you. I'll continue to add to the list as more picks come in!

SecretSquirrell Mar 12
EagleEye Mar 13
animatronic Mar 15
sno man Mar 15
FromTheHammer Mar 15
BeefSupreme Mar 15
ParkdalePetunia Mar 18
OSS 117 Mar 19
Kat_YYZ Mar 19
blackballed Mar 29

JWFB Apr 01
Mope Apr 01
VintagePunk Apr 04
JWFB's wife Apr 08
pattycakes Apr 19
R4V4G3D_SKU11S Apr 21

Riverdale Rink Rat May 01

TinyTiny Aug 4

flonicky Sep 15

Please put me on the top of that list: MARCH 6TH!

Perhaps you could describe him as "counsellor", since he is advising Robbie. The outcome of that marriage made in hell is plain to see.

Consigliere?

Put me down for 4/20. :D

FYI. Rob showed up an hour late for TCHC meeting this a.m. at the Etobicoke Civic Centre. Here's the vid from his (surprisingly civilized) scrum. He looks kinda hungover to me. Any other thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfk3Vi8BYWA&feature=youtu.be&ac

Wow. He looks more than a little hungover. His eyes are barely open. His sentences trail off. Wouldn't be surprised if he was still a little bit wasted.

He looks even worse than this gem from April 20, 2013, which was the day after he stayed up all night smoking crack with the Dixon Bloods:

http://www.cp24.com/news/mayor-rob-ford-picks-up-litter-in-etobicoke-park-1.1246521

I feel like the show is in danger of jumping the shark if it goes on too much longer. It's good now, but there's a real danger of it getting repetitive, and I'd like to see it go out while it's still on top, and not wear out it's welcome. I guess we'll know we're in trouble if a cute, sassy kid comes to live with Ford...

Why else do you suppose that Slob's 22 year old nephew was introduced as a potential fill-in for Thug's old spot?

Can I call April 1? Although it's seemingly early, having it all break on April's Fools' Day would be perfect

I was thinking much the same thing myself! :D

Fair comment. First chainsaws, now water pipes. Doug truly is a multi-talented blue-collar hard-working man of the people.

To put it another way, I'm unclear what benefit there is to his showing up in person.

I have no idea what his showing up would accomplish, but I must also admit that I'm ignorant as to how the city operates on the bureaucratic side. I had my pipes freeze underneath my driveway about three weeks ago, and it took the city four days to resolve the issue. This was incredibly inconvenient*, but I do have friends close by who let myself and my wife stay with them. If Ford felt as though he could expedite that process, then I would understand why he felt he should show up in person. Most likely it's just "LOOK AT ME! I'M DOING STUFF AND FIGHTING FOR YOU. VOTE FOR ME!"

*Inconvenient from a "man, I wish I could poop at home" point of view, not from a "this should not take this long to fix" point of view. I respect that the city cannot just drop everything and rush to fix my problem when I'm not the only one having it. The crew that came out was fantastic.

Random date for an arrest (or season finale)--March 5.

And Vaughan is on a somewhat belated roll--

BenSpurr 12:58pm via TweetDeck
Cllr Vaughan just tore a strip off Ford: "If they mayor wants the chief to leave him alone, I suggest he stop peeing in a park...

BenSpurr 12:59pm via TweetDeck
...I suggest he stop smoking crack cocaine, I suggest he stop lying, I suggest he stop driving while he's drunk."

BenSpurr 12:59pm via TweetDeck
Vaughan: "If the mayor wants to be treated with more respect he ought to respect himself."

Last edited:
I had a quick encounter with Ford Nation this morning. I stopped at a Tim Horton's in Arthur, a small town about 20 minutes west of Orangeville. A burly 40-something wearing a minor hockey jacket, the epitome of what Harper's ex-PR man Dmitri Soudas coined the "Tim Hortons voter" explained to his pal that it was clear the Toronto Police had a vendetta against the Fords because he wanted to roll back their salaries.

These people exist folks. The type of voter who picks up the loose Toronto Sun on their table and becomes "informed."

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/SusanDelacourt/status/439449958328987648

Bhk9aJ-CIAAjm7J.jpg

No mention of crack. Or DWI.

And I'd rather smoke with Justin.

I'd rather smoke OR drink with Justin too. Can't say I'd end up voting for him after that, but he at least looks like he understands the concept of moderation, unlike ol' Pink-Faced Rob. Flattering choice of photo, guys.

Wow. He looks more than a little hungover. His eyes are barely open. His sentences trail off. Wouldn't be surprised if he was still a little bit wasted.

He looks even worse than this gem from April 20, 2013, which was the day after he stayed up all night smoking crack with the Dixon Bloods:

http://www.cp24.com/news/mayor-rob-ford-picks-up-litter-in-etobicoke-park-1.1246521

This is just beautiful. When speaking about raising concerns about TCHC robbie gives this amazing bit of math and self-aggrandizement in one statement:

"I brought 24 complaints forward. 1 other complaint came from 24 councillors. That means I'm doing the work of 44 people...times 24."

So there you have it. Rob does the work of 1056 people.

I'd rather smoke OR drink with Justin too. Can't say I'd end up voting for him after that, but he at least looks like he understands the concept of moderation, unlike ol' Pink-Faced Rob. Flattering choice of photo, guys.

Speaks volumes about the Manning Centre's mandate as an academic, policy-based think tank.

I don't think we watched the same video because I don't see any of those things. He seems a bit tired, but no more than usual.

Unless he physically removed it, onStar tracks the car, EVEN AFTER YOU CANCEL THE SERVICE

That would ( likely ) require a court order if in his personal car. He does not volunteer information.

City business should be conducted in a City vehicle. They have a fleet of Pool aka "Cottage" Cars available. All with mandatory Trip / Log Sheets. GPS can be easily installed in any of them ( if it is not already ).

GPS that the City, as the owner, does not require permission to track/examine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back