727     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 597     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detroit had massive race issues including massive race riots in 1967 that burned large parts of the city. Not likely to happen here.

More on flag flap. I sense part of Ford's indignation was also another hissy fit over Kelly putting the request in etc. i.e. another "real mayor" issue with him. God, this is all so grade school.

It was posted, and it's pretty hilarious.

You know what, I wouldn't turn down a triple anything from Robbie either. Shit's expensive in this town.

The witnesses all say they didn't actually see him drink, though. Let's go with the unlikely scenario that he wasn't drinking, what in the world was he thinking just randomly hanging out at a bar? You or I could do it, but he's the one who has 'apologized' for basically running the city in a drunken stupor.

It was posted, and it's pretty hilarious.

You know what, I wouldn't turn down a triple anything from Robbie either. Shit's expensive in this town.

The witnesses all say they didn't actually see him drink, though. Let's go with the unlikely scenario that he wasn't drinking, what in the world was he thinking just randomly hanging out at a bar? You or I could do it, but he's the one who has 'apologized' for basically running the city in a drunken stupor.

I'm surprised he showed up in the Junction - but I do often see him drive thru Dundas.

Ya, good get by Goldsbie! I bet every other paper in the city was likely after the same story.

This is the second time in a few weeks that we know of where Ford's been wasted in public talking about the conspiracy against him.

The investigation must be getting to him!

It's a shame nobody has been able to capture him drinking on camera

Detroit was once the fourth largest city in North America. Now Toronto is. And Detroit does have its signs of past prosperity, like the Institute of Arts. But yeah, major race problems, and heavily dependent on one industry. You could also look toward Montreal, which was once Canada's premier city and has faded significantly, although it still maintains some charm. Nothing to say that all the new glass towers here won't become relics of failed dreams for this city, especially with a few more governments - municipal, provincial, and federal - pandering to selfish interests, creating division and ignoring real problems. If Toronto was to decline, it would probably live its old age with far less grace than Montreal but escape the scorched earth ruin that is Detroit.

Goldsbie tweeted last night that he was going to update his article because someone contacted him and was willing to go on the record about what he saw that night. Still waiting for that update...

Goldsbie tweeted last night that he was going to update his article because someone contacted him and was willing to go on the record about what he saw that night. Still waiting for that update...

And Michael Cooke said Kevin Donovan would have new details on the search warrants today, but no thing's been posted yet.

Yes, please! Send them both to the Dog And Bear, Queen Street West or The Jersey Giant, Front Street East. Tell them a large group of supporters wants to buy them beers. :)

Is there some special about the Jersey Giant (politically speaking)?

I stopped going there because I was served a watered-down pint, called them out on it, and was given an identical watered-down pint. Decided not to be an ass and complain further but to simply vote with my feet & wallet. If I'm feeling charitable, I'll say it could just have been a one-off mistake with line cleaning, but it's hardly the only bar in town, so it was enough to put me off.

Don't forget...... we have an ignore button!

Please report posts - we will usually respond quick.

Guys I'm not buying this.

It's like he just dropped in from Mars and has to start from scratch with all things Rob Ford. If he wants to learn more and he knows enough to find his way to this forum, then let him Google away. There should be enough to keep him busy for years.

Can we get back to the matter at hand please. We don't need pages and pages of hand-holding.

I've pruned several of the posts.

Last edited:
I'm surprised he showed up in the Junction - but I do often see him drive thru Dundas.

It's his route to and from work. He complains about cyclists and streetcars, but he always takes Edenbridge -(stop at the Tim Hortons/Esso) - Scarlett - Dundas - Bay to work. Every day. So does his brother, who almost ran me down getting off the Dundas streetcar once.

It's his route to and from work. He complains about cyclists and streetcars, but he always takes Edenbridge -(stop at the Tim Hortons/Esso) - Scarlett - Dundas - Bay to work. Every day. So does his brother, who almost ran me down getting off the Dundas streetcar once.

That would explain why one of my kids claims to see him quite often, and also puts some truth into another one of my kids' claim that he saw Ford stop at the Coffee Time (next to the LCBO) at Dundas/Roncesvalles a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back