257     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 436     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some are reporting it was in regards to a threat towards the mayor and his family while others claim it is a theft related call.

In other news:

Michael Cooke ‏@TorStarEditor 26s
#topoli Star working on "what really happened" during #robford jaywalking in Vancouver last weekend. Alcohol (at least) is involved.

@TorStarEditor: #topoli Star working on "what really happened" during #robford jaywalking in Vancouver last weekend. Alcohol (at least) is involved.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 38s

Police are here regarding a message "received about a potential threat to the Mayor and his family": Mayor Rob Ford's office #TOpoli

Threats are never cool - especially where they involve the family of the target. Let's hope it just the Mayor embellishing someones hissy fit about the flag...

Sounds like the Fords are going for the ol' 'vague implication of homo- buck-naked pedophile(s) threatening his children' angle again. Pretty desperate way to salvage some kind of sympathetic angle for himself out of today's debacle. Dougie sure earned his campaign manager pay for the day.

Still yammering on about the flag... I guess this will end up being about Rob Ford's human rights.

ddale8 3:16pm via Twitter for iPhone
People emerging from office say he told them he still wants Pride flag down. They told him it supports LGBT ppl in Russia, doesn't detract.

Last edited:
Police Spokesperson Wendy Drummond says police are responding to a 'radio call.'

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 5m
If I had to guess: Ford will say he received a threat as a result of the flag controversy, try to spin himself as a victim. Hence police.

Dear god don't let that fuck pull this stunt.

That fuck pulled that stunt.

So if we throw the RoFo in jail do we have to give him bail? Can't we throw him in there and just "forget" about him for a few months (or whenever his trial is). I'm getting real tired of RoFo's nonsense.

Since Ford is all about saving money and finding efficiencies, perhaps the police should save the gas from a return trip and deal with another pressing issue at city hall...

So if we throw the RoFo in jail do we have to give him bail? Can't we throw him in there and just "forget" about him for a few months (or whenever his trial is).
I bet when he's arrested Doug Ford will spin it and say that he and his family received a major threat and his office decided to protect the mayor by taking him to a police station for safe-keeping.

I'm going to go out on a limb here:

If the Mayor had had a serious threat to his life and those of his family, why is he posing with strangers, and meeting with others in his office? Wouldn't you go into lock down? ...Until you knew more about this "threat"?

Ha ha....sorry to disappoint you. I ain't Jamie Strashin, or even a reporter. Just a dude on the internet. Carry on.

Oops. Apolgies for the confusion. You sound like a journo (and I mean that in the good way). Meantime, if you want to keep talking narrative/story structure, I love that stuff.

So if we throw the RoFo in jail do we have to give him bail? Can't we throw him in there and just "forget" about him for a few months (or whenever his trial is). I'm getting real tired of RoFo's nonsense.

I am coming to see RF like some kind of infection. Lots of people have candida because of too much wheat, sugar, acid forming foods etc. The way to get rid of that is to starve it. Don't feed it with the sugary pastries. Eat lots of garlic and veggies too.
So with the infection previously known as Ford, we need to starve him out. No attention. No new coverage. No one talking to him.
And, at the same time, give more time to intelligent council members.
We won't be able to cut him out like cancer, but we can starve him until he wastes away, and seeks his sustenance from another sugary host. (Hopefully, the US shock jock talk radio market!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back