41     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 330     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 368     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
To have a trial (let alone any appeals and ultimately sentencing) before the October election, they would have had to arrest him months if not years ago.

But you're saying charges before the election? Big, "this is a bad fucking man" charges before the election? A perp walk before the election? Bieber-style media shitshow at the cop shop complete with helicoptors, right?

Please, please, please let me get what I want. Lord knows it would be the first time.

As much as he's earned it, that's not going to happen. Blair needs to take the high road here and do everything note perfect or the backlash will be ugly. The perp walk will be seen / played as gratuitous, and many will feel sorry for the Mayor, however little he deserves it.
You can have the rest though.

While Blair might try to keep it low key, we can't count on Rob to go quietly. If he can,he'll turn it into a scene

Is this notebook the same one previously mentioned in the Star that connected Ford with 15 Windsor and stuff regarding him paying hydro and water bills?

Actually I was just speaking with an experienced crime reporter who knows how this stuff works and they say for sure cops would tip of media to catch the perp walk.

I have to agree with this. Press were tipped ahead of Blairoween and the Dixon raids; I'm pretty sure they'd make sure any Ford arrest was covered, although they might not tip off Ford.

Ah, Joe. So was he respected before he became Ford's #1 fanboy? I never followed him before that. I recall he him saying cops used to stalk him and threaten him for his G20 coverage, but that sounded like b.s. to me.

Actually, I never noticed him before Ford came along, but somehow I doubt he was ever respected. If his articles on Ford were better-written (a lot better-written), I'd almost suspect them of being from The Onion.

As much as he's earned it, that's not going to happen. Blair needs to take the high road here and do everything note perfect or the backlash will be ugly. The perp walk will be seen / played as gratuitous, and many will feel sorry for the Mayor, however little he deserves it.
You can have the rest though.

Depends what the charges end up being...

Rob is the subject of the investigation but it would be very easy for Doug to get his hands dirty given how closely he's involved with the Mayor's office -- even accidentally.

Oh, I'd say that Doug the Thug's involvement in any of Slob's less-than-legal shenanigans is anything but accidental. Don't forget, Rob is genuinely a moron, while Douggie is known as being (well, comparitively) the more intelligent of the pair. If anything, I'd figure Doug's the one calling the shots. At the very least, they're partners in crime.

Of course, this is all speculation. Who knows, really?

If circumstances really do come to these two shitstains getting into serious trouble with the Law - including facing down a potentially lengthy stay at Her Majesty's pleasure in a dank prison cell featuring all the trimmings - I wonder if the ever-so vaunted Ford Family Loyalty will continue unabated...or will the boys each finally turn on one another in a feeble attempt to save their own worthless skins? The thought of Doug-o throwing his brother under the bus (and the subsequent look of betrayed astonishment on Slob's stupid fat face when it happens) is absolutely heart-warming, isn't it?

As I wrote on Twitter the other day: In financial terms, Rob Ford is a vehicle for the transfer of wealth from Doug Ford Sr. To Dennis Morris.

So he's probably not complaining.

I suppose the Fords are so filthy rich that they don't feel the extra legal fees resulting from Rob's behaviour. Still, I wonder who's writing the cheques. You'd think that with the prospect of a number of trials ahead of him, Rob would start to see the financial benefit of managing himself a little better. If it's Diane, you'd think she'd start putting a little pressure on her son.

Ford nation won't budge even if he is arrested. Their predictably idiotic responses will consist of:

1: It was witchhunt and this is proof.
2: Blair is playing politics
3: It's a lefty conspiracy
4: Why hasn't Wynne been arrested, gas plants, friend of a pedophile, she wears pantsuits
5: Nothing has been proven in court
6: Jack Layton got a handjob
7: He saved me a billion dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back