592     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 514     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Adam Vaughan was the left-wing go-to guy.

Mihevc is slightly less "urban" and not that I don't think Vaughan can be eloquent but Mihevc comes across as less snooty and divisive about it, I think.

Also, I think Vaughan hit a level of exasperation with Ford pretty early on and has, despite being "left wing go-to guy," been picking his battles the last little while. Mihevc is always happy to get in front of a camera and say something new.

Interestingly, the "I hate the war on Ford" Facebook page started banning sane people from their page first thing this morning - if I'm not mistaken it was before the shit hit the fan. Coincidence - maybe.
There were still sane people on there? I joined that site about a year ago as a bit of an experiment. I was completely polite and did my best to understand the "Nayshun" while objecting with facts to many of their points. I almost immediately started getting all these private messages calling me "libtard,"fag" "Millerite," etc. When I reported the messages and who were sending them to the group's owner - Neil Flagg - he immediately banned ME and left them on.

Last edited:
There were still sane people on there? I joined that site about a year ago as a bit of an experiment. I was completely polite and did my best to understand the "Nayshun" while objecting with facts to many of their points. I almost immediately started getting all these private messages calling me "libtard,"fag" "Millerite," etc. When I reported the messages and who were sending them to the group's owner - Neil Flagg - he immediately banned ME and left them on.

Which is typical and exemplifies the mentality of Frod Nayshun...

re: 'I hate the war on rob ford' fb page.

A few sane people were 'dropping logic bombs' in their midst. They tolerated it for awhile, countering with the most mindless rebuttals you've ever read. Eventually however the logic became too threatening and they started banning people, deleting links and comments. Fortifying their stupid insanity.

Kathy got back together with him after the shooting-in-the-face incident!?

This is a particularly macabre detail that always stands out (to me, anyway) from an already overly grotesque saga that's practically overstuffed with bizarre features. It takes the Ford family dynamic away from the world of, say, the Sopranos, and makes it look more like an over-the-top comedy sketch. It's just too out there! The fact that Kathy Ford essentially looks like Rob in drag doesn't help matters.

My take is that Adam Vaughan's too dismissive, and when he does comment it's almost always something in the vein of "who cares." The clip of him I saw last night actually started with him saying "who cares" before he cut himself off and made the comment about Ford being a spent force. He doesn't feed into how media want comments about the impact Ford's troubles are having on the city.

My take is that Adam Vaughan's too dismissive, and when he does comment it's almost always something in the vein of "who cares." The clip of him I saw last night actually started with him saying "who cares" before he cut himself off and made the comment about Ford being a spent force. He doesn't feed into how media want comments about the impact Ford's troubles are having on the city.

Which is a good angle to take.

It is satire. His posts always start to anger me and then I look at the name to see what @#%$^ is saying such crap. And laugh at myself for falling for it again.

I found it interesting that 'Forgotten's' post wasn't addressed for several pages. I think no one knew what to make of it - it was too delusional to rip apart, yet too earnest to make you not at least want to stare at it for awhile.

re: 'I hate the war on rob ford' fb page.

A few sane people were 'dropping logic bombs' in their midst. They tolerated it for awhile, countering with the most mindless rebuttals you've ever read. Eventually however the logic became too threatening and they started banning people, deleting links and comments. Fortifying their stupid insanity.

I've seen "dropping logic bombs" used here quite a lot recently. I know the intended meaning, but - originally, at least - the phrase doesn't mean what you're using it to mean here.

Rather, it's a computing term: malicious code hidden quietly in a computer system until certain conditions are met, and then: payload delivery. A simple example would be a disgruntled bank employee who set up a system to cause havoc on a system if the logic bomb code ever detected that she was no longer an employee.

The new usage is rather satisfying, though. Possible Frod Nation bumper sticker: DROP LOGIC NOT BOMBS.

Adam Vaughan is a very smart and articulate guy with a pretty solid take on things in my view. But I think he gets frustrated at the stupidity of some of his opponents (Ford) and so he goes into overkill mode, throwing every piece of logic at it replete with history and footnotes, all tinged with irony and sarcasm. To people that agree with him this can become a bit relentless. To the people that oppose him, they usually can't grasp what he's saying but they can tell he's running circles around them and probably making them look stupid, so they lash out violently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back