20     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 326     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 366     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marginally OT, but I was quite fond of the background in the Doug Ford pic The Star published today with its story about Hudak's woes (Ford-related and otherwise):

Completely off-topic but I was quite fond of your previous, and long-standing avatar. :p

That's a good photo though...hahaaaa. Look at his face! He wouldn't know joy if I took him on one of my awesome holidays.

I think it's pretty clear by now that the G+M story on Dougie's drug dealing past was accurate. This Dougie quote cracked me up:

When pressed by Weir, Doug vehemently denied he ever dealt hash.

“If you want to go calling, you know, going to your buddy and say ‘here, here’s a joint for 10 bucks, if that’s what you want to call…’” Ford said, saying he had admitted to smoking marijuana in the past.

http://globalnews.ca/news/975434/co...t-drugs-his-past-on-cnns-anderson-cooper-360/

Shades of the Dude from Big Lebowski: "Yeah, if you, like, want to go calling a person who sells drugs a drug dealer, sure, whatever, like that's just your opinion, man."

No, she's in traveller stuff that hasn't come out yet.

sorry if this has already been answered... i'm just excited to share.

i think jimmi is referring to...

Amy Andrews, 55, of Mississauga (female):

1. Conspiracy to commit indictable offence

2. Two counts of Possession for the Purpose controlled substance

3. Possession of Proceeds of Crime

4. Possession for the Purpose Heroin

5. Possession of Heroin

6. Fail to Comply Recognizance

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/709749/police-release-list-of-224-charges-in-dixon-road-gang-raids/

on december 6, 1966, on channel 6, at 6 pm, i was one of 4 kids from wilfrid laurier collegiate on cbc's "reach for the top" hosted by alex trebek, recorded in the studio on jarvis st

laurier won the game, and then alex announced, "okay, that was the rehearsal, let's do it again for real now," and with a new set of questions, we lost

I was 5 days old.

---

I'm starting to feel sorry for Hudak. If it wasn't bad enough that he has to at least act like a populist, then there's Dougie.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, at a Ford family meeting,
doug_ford.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

Doug discusses ways to overcome the family's inventory losses and how to solve those problems.

LOL
:eek:

Doug's response speaks volumes. He could have said something like 'I think you're confusing me with someone else' but it's almost like he's forgetting to deny it. Then he descends into bizarre dissembling and relativizing: alcohol's not good (except a couple of pops for Rob, in the basement?), marijuana's not as bad but shouldn't be legalized (decriminalized?), because ... what? Does the underground drug trade benefit him somehow in a way that legalization would not?

Because, Economics? Maybe she's an elevator expert. Or an engineer. More likely she's covering her tuchus.
That woman could be an elevator expert, but that's not Rhiannon Traill.

Last edited:
Steve Paikin and the Agenda are compiling people's opinions about Rob Ford into an open letter.

We Are Drafting An Open Letter To Rob Ford

by Elamin Abdelmahmoud Friday January 24, 2014

...So here’s the deal. We want to draft an open letter to Rob Ford on behalf of Toronto. Send us your thoughts – what you would like to say to Mayor Ford – and we will synthesize them into an open letter from the residents of Toronto. We realize a lot of jokes and snarky comments have been made at the mayor's expense, but what we want to do is craft a letter that lays out, in all seriousness, how the people of Toronto feel about their mayor and what they want him to know.

Please take a minute, think about what you’d like to say to Rob Ford, and email us at agendaconnect@tvo.org. You can also send it to us on Facebook, or if you're not feeling particularly expressive, we'll take 140 characters through Twitter.

And it's true, there's a bit of Ricky in the parody. I was into TPB for a while some years ago, and Ford often makes me think of what a "Mayor Ricky of Toronto" would be like.

What's the big deal...I'm a great dad. Getting my life back together now that I'm out of jail. I'm finally growing dope again, so that should make Renata happy. Life's pretty good.

Steve Paikin and the Agenda are compiling people's opinions about Rob Ford into an open letter.

We Are Drafting An Open Letter To Rob Ford

by Elamin Abdelmahmoud Friday January 24, 2014

...So here’s the deal. We want to draft an open letter to Rob Ford on behalf of Toronto. Send us your thoughts – what you would like to say to Mayor Ford – and we will synthesize them into an open letter from the residents of Toronto. We realize a lot of jokes and snarky comments have been made at the mayor's expense, but what we want to do is craft a letter that lays out, in all seriousness, how the people of Toronto feel about their mayor and what they want him to know.

Please take a minute, think about what you’d like to say to Rob Ford, and email us at agendaconnect@tvo.org. You can also send it to us on Facebook, or if you're not feeling particularly expressive, we'll take 140 characters through Twitter.

There are so many things, the trick will be to keep it to just one or two. Each.
Advice all around... don't use big words. (consider the target reader)

What's the big deal...I'm a great dad. Getting my life back together now that I'm out of jail. I'm finally growing dope again, so that should make Renata happy. Life's pretty good.

From CNN's transcript of their Ford interview:

WEIR: One more question, and this is the one that really gets it for me. I know a lot of people who would party their brains out, but they're parents. I'm sure you're insulating your children from what's going on now?

ROB FORD: Absolutely. I'm the best father around.

WEIR: There's going to come a day when they Google their dad --

ROB FORD: Absolutely. I'm going to explain what they're hearing. I'm straightforward with my kids -- you just walk away. I don't walk away from anyone, Bill, in life. All these richy elitist people, I'm sick of them. I'm sick of them. They're perfect. They don't do nothing. Get out of here they don't do nothing. They're the biggest crooks around.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1311/18/nday.05.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back