423     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 246     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 423     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUT, I bet he'd be great to party with. But you'd probably be passed out in a ditch and wake up a few days later wondering what happened....like The Hangover.

I keep seeing comments like this on Gawker and other such sites, where people are positively gleeful about Ford's train wreck qualities, but I kinda doubt it myself. The guy's looked on as being essentially little more an overgrown schoolyard bully for a reason. He's unstable, violent, stupid and mean. That's not a good combination. Some of the details we've heard about what it's like to work for him (especially when he's been drinking) are positively hair raising.

Somebody once quipped that Ford looked like the type to tell fart jokes, and then get pissy if nobody laughed. I think "pissy" is the least you could expect if a drunken/stoned Rob Ford were to suddenly and abruptly turn on you. His false joviality is that of a bully's: It disappears in a heartbeat once he gets angry, and since the man's a rageaholic, I daresay he gets angry a lot. "Party" with him? Why would anyone want to? He's a nasty piece of work.

I was going to post a similar comment about his faithful who have jumped ship still supporting his fiscal policies. The fact is he's a terrible mayor and he smokes crack, hangs with gangbangers, obstructs justice and is involved in criminal activity. Remove the crack and he is still woefully inept and dangerous.

I was going to post a similar comment about his faithful who have jumped ship still supporting his fiscal policies. The fact is he's a terrible mayor and he smokes crack, hangs with gangbangers, obstructs justice and is involved in criminal activity. Remove the crack and he is still woefully inept and dangerous.

The only way to chip away at Ford's bedrock support is if we get a candidate who offers the same platform, but without the controversy. Somehow, I think that if people put a little thought into it, they would likely line up behind Norm Kelly.

I've posted comments on both of today's Sun articles (and I feel like I need to shower) but so far, they haven't been put up. I did ask why The Sun, unlike The Star, is just piling on with the info in Mandel's columns now instead of when these incidents were taking place.

At the tactical level, HE HAS NO FISCAL POLICIES!!!!!

He likes to cut things without acknowledging that all he's doing is offloading costs into a user-pay system. That's it.

His latest claim - "Next week I'm going to deliver a plan to slash $50m" is so transparent it's risible. First of all, if he did deliver such a plan, it would not be of his design because he simply does not have the cognitive tools to devise such a thing. Secondly, why on earth would you bring in such a plan now - UNLESS the real plan is for RoFo to be able to claim "look, I saved the day!," right after screaming about how 'since my powers were taken away, all anyone else who's left wants to do is tax and spend [repeat three times]'.

Why are people still saying they like his fiscal policies??????

His character flaws were obvious 10 years before he became mayor...we don't need any more coverage of that. Obviously, where the public needs to be better informed is where his fiscal polices are and have always been utterly stupid, and he has failed miserably fiscally.

I blame the media on this....in this day and age they go after the low hanging fruit, which is sensationalism.

People were voting away from something, not for something, and so Robbie won by default, not by a mandate. The Ford Cult are doing what cults do, they are rallying behind the person they have deified. FUD (Fear Uncertainty & Doubt) is the tool of the Fords, and tired people sometimes will believe any mirage they see.

The media are part of the game. They don't deserve all the blame, but are indeed guilty to some extent, we all are. We live in an age of growing fundamentalism where it's easier to believe the pointed finger. That's how populations are swayed by lobbies and such.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I think that the more Rob Ford repeats his talking points about "being removed from council "and that council is reverting back to their old ways of spending, the more his followers will see him as their solution. It is maddening to try and explain the fallacy of this logic. You can explain the truth to his followers, but you can't make them understand it.
If the media spent a bit more time explaining it, maybe that would help.
There is no way that they will believe that this budget is the same one his committee has been working on prior to him being stripped. I unfortunately read the comments from the Sun and they are glomming on to this new set of talking points.

Why are people still saying they like his fiscal policies??????

His character flaws were obvious 10 years before he became mayor...we don't need any more coverage of that. Obviously, where the public needs to be better informed is where his fiscal polices are and have always been utterly stupid, and he has failed miserably fiscally.

I blame the media on this....in this day and age they go after the low hanging fruit, which is sensationalism.

The media are "a bunch of maggots", according to Ford. They are not welcome, especially the Canadian media. If there is a media scrum, he either does not accept questions or he cuts them off with a "anything else, no, that's it" and leaves.

I didn't see this posted yet...

New exclusive interview with Rob Ford by Russian Express:

[video=youtube;0RbuhQgAgwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RbuhQgAgwQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

"Actions speak louder than words"

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 4m

Mayor Ford is at Scarborough Town Centre, where various teenagers are making him be in their selfies.

I didn't see this posted yet...

New exclusive interview with Rob Ford by Russian Express:

[video=youtube;0RbuhQgAgwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RbuhQgAgwQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

"Actions speak louder than words"

He lost me at honesty....

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 4m

Mayor Ford is at Scarborough Town Centre, where various teenagers are making him be in their selfies.

It's part of his reeelction strategy. Make himself highly visible in the suburbs, when he can build his support up. People are going to say that he's a 'man of the people' who visits them while they never hear from their councillors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back