News   Jul 03, 2024
 296     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the most insightful things I've seen about the City Hall press:
They are already ALL essentially blacklisted and played for idiots constantly.

The first bit applies to all of them - every single one - all of the time. The second bit applies to most of them most of the time. Three cheers for the few of them who do anything other than run after the Fords, yammer at them in a multitude and then report whatever bizarre piece of bullying or just plain bull tumbles forth from the slack jaw of a Ford.

Can anyone here explain a bit more about Lisi's pre-trial today?

I understand that it will be behind closed doors, between the judge, crown and defense. Will it be done by the end of the day? Will we have any idea of how he is pleading, will it go to trial, and did he take a plea bargain?
Not sure what is happening with Lisi's case but here's a nice explanation as to what will occur during a pre-trial conference: http://www.ontariocourts.ca/scj/practice/practice-directions/instructions-self-represented/

Can anyone here explain a bit more about Lisi's pre-trial today?

I understand that it will be behind closed doors, between the judge, crown and defense. Will it be done by the end of the day? Will we have any idea of how he is pleading, will it go to trial, and did he take a plea bargain?
MM said we would know more about what the cops have on Ford by today.

This will be interesting to see how Doug and Rob spin this:

"Mayoralty candidate David Soknacki today vowed to return to the plan to build the Scarborough Light Rail Transit (LRT) line rather than the Scarborough subway extension, and to cancel Mayor Rob Ford’s $1 billion property tax increase needed to pay for the subway option, delivering the largest tax cut in Toronto’s history."[/B]

http://www.soknacki2014.com/david_s...x_increase_for_toronto_s_largest_ever_tax_cut

Is anyone going to reference Rob's claim that he saved $1 billion with the $1 billion needed to pay for the subway? Seems like a pretty easy target. :)

This will be interesting to see how Doug and Rob spin this:

"Mayoralty candidate David Soknacki today vowed to return to the plan to build the Scarborough Light Rail Transit (LRT) line rather than the Scarborough subway extension, and to cancel Mayor Rob Ford’s $1 billion property tax increase needed to pay for the subway option, delivering the largest tax cut in Toronto’s history."[/B]

http://www.soknacki2014.com/david_s...x_increase_for_toronto_s_largest_ever_tax_cut

I'm still not voting for him, but Soknacki landed a good hit here. He's playing the right game.

My assessment:
soknacki-subway-taxcut-batman.jpg

Also, this image had the 'SOK!' in there already. Perfect.

Bah - how do I upload the image to be bigger than 20kB? Can't make it look good in such a small size :(

Attachments

• soknacki-subway-taxcut-batman.jpg
    soknacki-subway-taxcut-batman.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:
Is anyone going to reference Rob's claim that he saved $1 billion with the $1 billion needed to pay for the subway? Seems like a pretty easy target. :)

"1 Bil-l-l-l-l-lion dollars" according to Mister Bigglesworth. :p

MM said we would know more about what the cops have on Ford by today.

I don't recall him saying that we would know what the cops have by today? I never saw him mention a specific day. Did I miss something? Hoping its true...

Thanks for the link, DnBview.

Councillor Fragedakis is musing about studying a proposal to put in a cable car in the DVP. For godsake; just build a Ferris wheel and monorail.

Whether it's a good idea or not I do not know; however, if people keep tossing underhands over the plate the Fords are gonna go yard on the October election...

Councillor Fragedakis is musing about studying a proposal to put in a cable car in the DVP. For godsake; just build a Ferris wheel and monorail.

Whether it's a good idea or not I do not know; however, if people keep tossing underhands over the plate the Fords are gonna go yard on the October election...

Off topic: I know the people at Urban Creative who are part of that proposal - it's actually quite a good idea once you get to see all the details. Other places around the world are embracing it as a transit initiative. It's worth looking at...

Off topic: I know the people at Urban Creative who are part of that proposal - it's actually quite a good idea once you get to see all the details. Other places around the world are embracing it as a transit initiative. It's worth looking at...

That may very well be so; indeed it's currently a pain in the posterior getting from the Danforth to the Brickworks and I personally like this idea. It would connect one of the city's most fantastic venues to the public transit network in style!

However, at face value - and let's face it: that's all 99.9% of the population will ever see - a Don Valley cable car does sound almost as stupid as the Doug Ford Ferris Wheel of Developer Handout Doom.

All that money just to get to the Evergreen Brickworks? Sorry, but I think that area is vastly over rated. Surely there's another area in the city that would benefit from a cable car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back