394     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 551     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 887     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people do you know 44+ that go clubbing completely sober?

Of any age. Unless you're a girl who just likes attention or dancing, or you're a guy who's looking to score. Are there any other potential reasons a sober person would want to go to a nightclub?

None, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. And so what if it did? We all know Ford likes to bust a move. What is so wrong with him going to a club and doing just that? Though it seems he didn't dance since it would be all over twitter if he had. And I'm pretty sure you can order a coke without alcohol in a club. Now, if Ford was going to clubs every weekend then I'd have a problem with that. But this seems to be an isolated incident and I'm willing to look past it. In the grand scheme of things Ford entering a club, posing for photos, then leaving isn't really a big deal.

The guy can't help himself, that's the issue. That's why he was caught on film smoking crack. He's an idiot.

Is there evidence that he was drinking? We all like to criticize Ford for making claims that aren't based on fact, let's not do the same here :)

No, I misspoke. I would imagine that with that many people there someone would have snapped a picture of him drinking if he had been, however in politics, optics are everything, especially if you've been involved in a major controversy involving "drunken stupors".

This has an interesting bit of info about Muzik and the Fords. http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=194546

Last edited:
No, I misspoke. I would imagine that with that many people there someone would have snapped a picture of him drinking if he had been, however in politics, optics are everything, especially if you've been involved in a major controversy involving "drunken stupors".

This has an interesting bit of info about Muzik and the Fords. http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=194546

Remember that even during his confirmed binges, he was never actually seen drinking. He's a pre-drinker.

Remember that even during his confirmed binges, he was never actually seen drinking. He's a pre-drinker.

Yes exactly, a couple of 'pops' in the basement.
Or if he needs extra fortitude on the road, he will drink out of a Timmy's cup. (Remember the Danforth?)

Relevant details from Rob's last radio interview:

ddale8 Jan 02, 1:12pm via Web
Sports Junkie: "Is public drinking legal in Toronto?" Rob Ford: "Nooo. But everybody does - you just put it in a cup."

A married man with children isn't allowed to go to a club? I was unaware of that rule...

Are you married? Are you mid-40s, not 25? Are you taking pix with young hotties at a nightclubs sans friends or wife? If I was doing that, I'd be unmarried, fast. So, yeah, that's a rule, and your ignorance of it leads me to believe the answer to my first 2 questions is 'no.'

Haven't heard much talk about the murder rant video lately. Any thoughts as to who he was talking about? Someone who was after his brothers. Here's a wild guess. Maybe he's referring to an anti-Ford part of the Ontario PC Party? Thus the talk of a byelection

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/07/mayor_rob_ford_caught_in_video_rant.html

This is a video of a guy fried on crack cocaine (Rob Ford) talking about how is going to be so tough when negotiating a drug deal.

The Star transcription is close.

He mentions going into room with Said at one point.
At end he says "prepare for it, i will call it,.... not fuckin' Lisi. not Randy (his bro')..

Mayor of Canada's largest city fried on crack talking about how he will negotiate a drug deal.
Not a very common sight. lol

Are you married? Are you mid-40s, not 25? Are you taking pix with young hotties at a nightclubs sans friends or wife? If I was doing that, I'd be unmarried, fast. So, yeah, that's a rule, and your ignorance of it leads me to believe the answer to my first 2 questions is 'no.'
I'm not married. I'm 35. The club scene isn't my scene so I've never taken photos with young hotties at a club. And yes, I am ignorant. I did not realize having your photo taken with a "young hottie" is grounds for divorce. Maybe in your case it would be because you're not famous (infamous, I should say) and many people don't care to be in a photo with you? But people want to be photographed with him. I'm not a Ford apologist. I dislike him. But Ford going to a club isn't really a big deal to me. Are we really becoming more and more socially conservative here? I am curious as to WHY he went there, though. I know it's Ford and we all want to think that Ford was wasted, doing lines in the bathroom with Lisi all night, then going back to his office to push staff around and run football drills in the hallway. But maybe, just maybe, that didn't happen this time.

Last edited:
What is it with the defenders of Ford?

DanBroad, not to pick on you personally, but this is a genuine question: why would you not use Occam's Razor with Ford? Why try to build up any sort of disingenuous defense? What's in it for you.

I'm an ex-rugby player of Scottish descent, mid-40s. Once a year my friends & I go on a bender for Burns night. We sometimes end up at a bar or club at the end of the evening. Since I'll be in a kilt, girls will sometimes want to take a picture with me. But, and it's a huge but, next morning I'll be able to say 'I was with my friends and we were all drunk and having fun.'

Ford cannot, ever, say that. For you to say, 'there's no proof' is ridiculous. He's there without friends, looks drunk or high. He has no explanation. Why bother defending him?

Of any age. Unless you're a girl who just likes attention or dancing, or you're a guy who's looking to score. Are there any other potential reasons a sober person would want to go to a nightclub?

As part of a group of friends?

Haven't heard much talk about the murder rant video lately. Any thoughts as to who he was talking about? Someone who was after his brothers. Here's a wild guess. Maybe he's referring to an anti-Ford part of the Ontario PC Party? Thus the talk of a byelection

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/11/07/mayor_rob_ford_caught_in_video_rant.html

Also says RoFo says "Birds, birds, birds,...just little birds...This is fucked Daddy....my brother Randy walks with the purse like 80 yr. old bird."

Birds, birds, birds are small time dealers. He is insulted.
Then says his brother Randy walks with purse meaning big dealer.
Like 80 yr. old bird meaning someone of great experience.

This is Mayor of Canada's largest city. No wonder long time family friend Jim Flaherty was upset.

None, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. And so what if it did? We all know Ford likes to bust a move. What is so wrong with him going to a club and doing just that? Though it seems he didn't dance since it would be all over twitter if he had. And I'm pretty sure you can order a coke without alcohol in a club. Now, if Ford was going to clubs every weekend then I'd have a problem with that. But this seems to be an isolated incident and I'm willing to look past it. In the grand scheme of things Ford entering a club, posing for photos, then leaving isn't really a big deal.

If I was a supporter of Ford I would be fatigued by Ford's leave of senses.Ford has once again put himself in a position that his supporters have to defend and twist logic. For months, Ford lied about having an issue with alcohol and drugs in spite of mounting evidence to the contrary. City hall will once again be filled with the media shouting questions at Ford about his whereabouts on Saturday. Ford will clam up and not comment. The circus will continue.

I'm not married. I'm 35. The club scene isn't my scene so I've never taken photos with young hotties at a club. And yes, I am ignorant. I did not realize having your photo taken with a "young hottie" is grounds for divorce. Maybe in your case it would be because you're not famous (infamous, I should say) and many people don't care to be in a photo with you? But people want to be photographed with him. I'm not a Ford apologist. I dislike him. But Ford going to a club isn't really a big deal to me. Are we really becoming more and more socially conservative here? I am curious as to WHY he went there, though. I know it's Ford and we all want to think that Ford was wasted, doing lines in the bathroom with Lisi all night, then going back to his office to push staff around and run football drills in the hallway. But maybe, just maybe, that didn't happen this time.

Rob was trying to get them to go to church with him this morning. He's doing what he does best, campaigning. Plus, I imagine his wife doesn't want him around, so win, win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back