188     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 392     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 491     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
the following is about newmarket, but i thought i'd share it for those that have GFL for garbage pick-up and were sharing issues they've had or are having...

This post is intended to alert residents about the issues we're experiencing with our contractor, GFL, on the delayed curbside collection that's been ongoing for several months now.

Last month, during a council meeting and under 'New Business', I asked staff to come up with a report on why our waste and recycling pick-up schedule was falling behind.

This was precipitated by dozens of communication - via email, social media and phone - that residents were experiencing problems with their scheduled times of pick-ups since early fall.

http://maddiedimuccio.webs.com/apps...reen-and-blue-bin-pick-up-issues-in-newmarket

here's one about king township...

Garbage collection upsets King residents

Mayor Steve Pellegrini also isn’t pleased.

“We strive for exceptional customer service. With Green For Life, it just isn’t the case,†he said.

[...]

Ward 1 councillor Cleve Mortelliti has received complaints about the rudeness and belligerence of the GFL staff.

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/4196690-garbage-collection-upsets-king-residents/

so why don't toronto's GFL reports include recent complaints about them? why do we just report things like...

Within every quarterly report, staff has explained that the contractor, Green For Life Environmental East Corporation, has successfully satisfied the conditions within the District 2 collection contract. Customer service performance data indicate that all four districts are consistently meeting, and at times outperforming the Division’s key performance indicators.

www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/pw/bgrd/backgroundfile-63488.pdf‎

Last edited:
I pay tax. Quite a lot of tax, in fact. I fully expect that my taxes will support all sorts of programs and people, including some which I might find odd or even distasteful... but that's the rather small price I pay for living in a time and place that is - in terms of freedom from want and fear - essentially the pinnacle of human existence so far. Seems like a pretty good trade to me.

Agree completely. Here's what's been bothering me lately though. I see taxation as a sort of a social contract - I've been relatively professionally successful and thus pay a lot of taxes. I'm more than fine with that and recognize the "fair trade" that you mentioned - I hope those taxes go towards making this society better for all of us and that they in part help improve the lives of people less fortunate than myself. Then I turn on the TV and Rob Ford is walking around a public housing building pointing at cracks in the wall and people living there treating him like a rock star while railing on about the vast media conspiracy out to get him. Meanwhile, Ford at every opportunity is ranting against the very idea of taxation/income redistribution/social services while at the same time throwing insults and hyperbole at myself and virtually everything I believe in.

I'm cognizant enough to recognize the politics of division at work here but it's becoming harder and harder not to feel resentful. (Particularly so if Ford wins re-election)

Last edited:
Duh... all of the trucks are driving the wrong way in Toronto.

I don't want to poop on garbage workers but the lack of urgency these trash men have while clogging up the streets is amazing.

“Mikey” Ford, Rob Ford’s college-aged nephew, may run for city council—and he could win

View attachment 21434

So I guess Mikey is Ennio's boy?
Kathy has had some *ummm* interesting men in her life...
MacIntyre is the one that threatened Rob in January last year and was beaten up in Jail March 12, 2012 (likely) for that threat.
from the globe article mostly about Doug's hash dealing:
"Ms. Ford’s relationship with Mr. MacIntyre is even more perplexing because of an earlier incident: In 2005, he and another man were accused of shooting her in the face during an altercation in her parents’ basement. She survived the blast and was rushed to hospital, while Mr. MacIntyre fled in her mother’s Jaguar. Crown prosecutors later dropped numerous charges against him, while his co-accused, Michael Patania, pleaded guilty to one count of possession of a handgun.

But even before that, there was gunplay – and it was fatal. Seven years earlier, Ms. Ford’s lover was fatally shot by her ex-husband, a drug addict named Ennio Stirpe. At his trial, Mr. Stirpe testified that his victim, Michael Kiklas, was a martial artist, which forced him to bring along the shotgun as “an equalizer.”

Not mentioned in the press at the time was the fact that Mr. Kiklas was a white supremacist – a group with which Ms. Ford associated in the 1980s."

Ennio is currently in Jail for the attempted murder of his girlfriend while he was on parole for the murder of the KKK guy. His sentencing was last March too. (Busy month.)

the following is about newmarket, but i thought i'd share it for those that have GFL for garbage pick-up and were sharing issues they've had or are having...

http://maddiedimuccio.webs.com/apps...reen-and-blue-bin-pick-up-issues-in-newmarket

here's one about king township...

Garbage collection upsets King residents

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/4196690-garbage-collection-upsets-king-residents/

so why don't toronto's GFL reports include recent complaints about them? why do we just report things like...

www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/pw/bgrd/backgroundfile-63488.pdf‎

Newmarket contracted out Garbage collection years ago. Turtle Island Recycling won the original contract, and there were a hiccup or two the first couple of weeks, but they quickly settled in and were fine. GFL bought out TIR around the end of 2011, over the course of 2012, the trucks all got re-painted and many of the two man trucks became one man. Much of the complaints have been since then. My street is among the first picked-up on our day, so they are pretty much always on time, and I've had no issues. There are often still trucks still driving around elsewhere in the neighbourhood well into the evening. They need at least one more truck per area per day, but I guess a guy or two and a few hours overtime are cheaper, but they are getting to the point now that they don't even finish an area on it's day.

From NOW:

Ford No More Years
Why it’s likely Rob Ford will end up a footnote in the 2014 race for mayor

"Even more problematic for Ford is the prospect of criminal charges stemming from his involvement in efforts to retrieve the video. We know that bribery was involved.
And talk of the likelihood of charges has been on the increase, if the scuttlebutt making the rounds is right. The Crown attorney’s office has reportedly been involved in discussions on that front with the police.
It’s hard to know what to believe. Charges are a tricky political proposition for police. Whether it’s necessary to go that route may depend on where we are a few months from now when the dust has settled on a provincial election and anybody who’s going to get into the mayoral race has done so. Charges or no, for Ford it’s the fourth quarter and a long 100 yards to go."

http://nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=196104

From NOW:

Ford No More Years
Why it’s likely Rob Ford will end up a footnote in the 2014 race for mayor

"Even more problematic for Ford is the prospect of criminal charges stemming from his involvement in efforts to retrieve the video. We know that bribery was involved.
And talk of the likelihood of charges has been on the increase, if the scuttlebutt making the rounds is right. The Crown attorney’s office has reportedly been involved in discussions on that front with the police.
It’s hard to know what to believe. Charges are a tricky political proposition for police. Whether it’s necessary to go that route may depend on where we are a few months from now when the dust has settled on a provincial election and anybody who’s going to get into the mayoral race has done so. Charges or no, for Ford it’s the fourth quarter and a long 100 yards to go."

http://nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=196104

this part's great too...

I mean, when the news of the day is that the son of Ford’s elder sister Kathy may be dispatched to hold onto Doug’s Ward 2 seat in the event that he opts to run provincially in a widely expected spring election, you know the pickin’s are slimmer than slim.

There are questions about money, too. The joke is that Rob blew it all on hookers and coke, and that may not be far from the truth.

Maybe there are a few illegitimate children the Ford brothers can throw on the 2014 ballot for council. Keeping a political dynasty going is tougher than it looks. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back