News   Jul 18, 2024
 777     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 580     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford's Christmas gift advice: 'Women love money'

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-s-christmas-gift-advice-women-love-money-1.2470118

Ford is on the show to talk sports and make NFL picks, but when one of the hosts asked Ford about his holiday gift-giving plans for his wife Renata, he replied:

"Just money. Women love money. Give them a couple of thousand bucks and they're happy. Get some treats on the side obviously for her," he said. "At the end of the day, she wants her cash. So I give her a nice cheque and we're all happy."

When asked what he hoped to get from his wife, Ford said: "She always surprises me. I have a fantastic wife."

This guy will continue to talk himself into trouble.

Rob Ford’s Agenda Still Resonates (62%) and Even 39% Would Consider Voting for Him in Next Election as Inner and Outer City Core Citizens Starkly Divided

http://www.ipsos-na.com/news-polls/pressrelease.aspx?id=6363

Meh. He agenda is: "Stop the gravy train. Cut reckless spending. Save you money". I am surprised this kind of populist sloganeering only resonates with 62%... who doesn't want those things? 62% is pretty low to me.

Rob Ford's Christmas gift advice: 'Women love money'

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-s-christmas-gift-advice-women-love-money-1.2470118

This guy will continue to talk himself into trouble.

That is amazing. Who cuts their wife a cheque for Christmas? Don't they share finances? So WEIRD.

an excellent example of the Fords "customer service excellence" and "respect for taxpayers".
no itches left to scratch on these backs:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ng-client-of-family-business/article16050948/

Oh good grief! This is hardly the worst thing they've done, but it should be: it's a massive conflict of interest to force senior City staff to drop everything to help a business client of yours get out of self-inflicted environmental trouble with the City. Moreover, it is hugely inefficient, and is therefore an egregious waste of those precious taxpayer dollars. I guess it's not gravy if you're helping out a buddy.

Doug Ford said:
Rob and I basically stood silent, just sat there and [senior City staff] corrected the problem.

The "doing nothing" bit seems plausible, but when was the last time either of these reptile-brained con artists put down the megaphone?

Doug can't even couple two figures of speech together without contradicting himself: "stood silent" vs. "sat there" - sure, it's not actually a lie, but based on everything we've seen from Councillor Ford I don't think he's capable of speaking on any topic for 10 seconds without farting out some sort of internal inconsistency.

The article also notes that the factory in question is not in Doug's ward... so why the hell was he there?

Last edited:
The common refrain from outsiders about the mayor of this city, is starting to ring true. Not so much "what is wrong with this guy" anymore but, "what is wrong with the people of Toronto" for allowing this freakshow to continue...

Sadly, the strategy of stepping back and waiting for Rob to conveniently self-implode is not working. I do not look forward to the next ten months of a mayor dancing around in his underpants for the media, getting a free pass from council and tearing this great city apart.

Most likely unrelated, but Ford was on the radio this morning plugging Harbour Sixty ("it's the best steakhouse in the world"). Also, the owners of the restaurant had made a $9,152 donation to Ford during the last election, for what it's worth.

Well, that seals that. I'll be sure to never spend another dime at Harbour 60 (which is a shame, 'cuz I kinda like the ambiance and steak), and I will tell everyone I know (as well as anyone else who might listen) that Harbour 60 is a disgusting pit that is frequented by the worst people in the world (and probably has cocaine-residue and syphilis on every surface imaginable).

I may try to sell Hy's on the following tag-line: "A person would be better off eating discarded street meat from the rat-infested stall at Simcoe & Richmond than risking his life playing chicken with coked-up, drunk-driving right wing politicians near Harbour 60."

Ford plugging Harbour Sixty should alert some of his followers that he isn't an average guy, because the Joe Schmo that they seem to think he is couldn't afford to eat there. But it won't because if they haven't figured it out by now, they never will. I was saddened to see the poll results last night that said 39% would still consider voting for him -- although 67% (I think that's right -- in the 60s anyway) agreed with stripping his powers, which is an odd combination of results but this whole situation is beyond odd.

Oh good grief! This is hardly the worst thing they've done, but it should be: it's a massive conflict of interest to force senior City staff to drop everything to help a business client of yours get out of self-inflicted environmental trouble with the City. Moreover, it is hugely inefficient, and is therefore an egregious waste of those precious taxpayer dollars. I guess it's not gravy if you're helping out a buddy.

I fully expect either or both of the Fords to justify this by saying it was all about helping 'the little guy' because it wouldn't have gotten done had it been left to the city bureaucracy. And maybe also that making city employees do stuff while you're silently and motionless watching doesn't constitute actual interference or doing anything.

Ford plugging Harbour Sixty should alert some of his followers that he isn't an average guy, because the Joe Schmo that they seem to think he is couldn't afford to eat there.

Unless they subscribe to the theory that Ford is an average guy who got where he is by 'working hard' and 'respecting taxpayers' and 'standing up for the little guy' and things like expensive steakhouses and luxury SUVs are okay because he apparently deserves them.

Ford plugging Harbour Sixty should alert some of his followers that he isn't an average guy, because the Joe Schmo that they seem to think he is couldn't afford to eat there. But it won't because if they haven't figured it out by now, they never will. I was saddened to see the poll results last night that said 39% would still consider voting for him -- although 67% (I think that's right -- in the 60s anyway) agreed with stripping his powers, which is an odd combination of results but this whole situation is beyond odd.

People who support Ford don't have a problem with him living the high life, even if it's at their expense. Ford supporters have a blind devotion and subservience to authority. They save their resentment for the people they are told to hate by people like Ford. At 40% of the population (with an easy additional 20% who would go along to get along), we're much closer to the "F-word" than we might like to admit.

Unless they subscribe to the theory that Ford is an average guy who got where he is by 'working hard' and 'respecting taxpayers' and 'standing up for the little guy' and things like expensive steakhouses and luxury SUVs are okay because he apparently deserves them.
Maybe. I don't even pretend to understand them :) In fact, they rather boggle my mind.

They are full of contradictions!

Rob ford actually drove around in a crappy $7000 Pontiac minivan for years until his brothers bought him the escalade.
Rob ford is a super cheap ass hence offering $5000 for the video.

Ford supporters have a blind devotion and subservience to authority.
They save their resentment for the people they are told to hate by people like Ford. At 40% of the population......

Many terrible political movements in history have used 're-sentiment' to gain momentum.
Those dictatorships, etc..make Ford look like a small circus attraction, however.

Hopefully, Olivia Chow decides to run for mayor.
Karen Stintz is way better for optics as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back