336     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 575     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Rob can count on the support of the Hell's Angels. I'm enjoying the long, slow spectacle of the Ford brothers being completely marginalized!

Mayor Rob Ford's passion in promoting the positive development of youth and his own experience in playing high school and university-level football is why he spearheaded an initiative to bring back high school football. In 2002, Mayor Ford founded the highly successful Eagles football program at Don Bosco Catholic Secondary School in North Etobicoke where he has remained the Head Coach of the Junior and Senior Teams.

Is it cool to lie on the official city website? (Minor, I know. Not even worth the effort, but would love to see the reason for him getting canned. Surely, some reporter legal team could compel the CSB to cough up the docs?

Is it cool to lie on the official city website? (Minor, I know. Not even worth the effort, but would love to see the reason for him getting canned. Surely, some reporter legal team could compel the CSB to cough up the docs?

I thought he was canned for making comments about his football team saving kids from the streets/gangs/drugs. Bosco parents got pissed off that he seemed to be characterizing their kids/school as gang bangers and he was let go.

Interesting tweets from Marc Coward ‏@YYZMarc:

Aug 18: Ford and Lisi have an odd parking lot rendez vous. Ford leaves with a shopping bag.
Aug 19: "No public events"

Aug 26: Ford meets Lisi at Scarlet Heights. Lisi put an "oversized computer bag" in Ford's car.
Aug 27: "No public events"

Sept 16: Ford and Lisi meet in the Scarlett Heights parking lot.
Sept 17: Anyone feel like guessing?

Aug 18: Ford and Lisi have an odd parking lot rendez vous. Ford leaves with a shopping bag.

Aug 26: Ford meets Lisi at Scarlet Heights. Lisi put an "oversized computer bag" in Ford's car.

Alas I'm going to go with the most boring but likely: vodka and/or pot.

Does anyone remember some neighbour of Lisi's who spoke to reporters and mentioned Ford sitting in his vehicle in Lisi's driveway, brushing his teeth?

...subways?

I'm guessing they just haven't updated his bio. Happens all the time, especially when staff are overworked or have more pressing matters to attend to.

Why would you meet someone in a parking lot to get vodka?

Same reason you would send a staffer to buy vodka for you, I suppose. Word at my local LCBO was that he stopped coming by shortly after the Gawker/Star story, (apparently he was frequently at the location on Dundas at Jane), and we know he's been tanked since then. Lisi and Ford also left a vodka bottle behind after one of their meetings (best/worst ad for Iceburg Vodka ever). So, pot and booze.

Last edited:
Haha, that's awesome...not his criminal escapades, but his fat yap that got him canned from the one thing he seemed to be good at with out help from DoFo/fam. But, really? A couple of comments that might not be too far from being accurate causes them to spite themselves to the degree of returning the $50k in equipment?

I think there had to be more.

Haha, that's awesome...not his criminal escapades, but his fat yap that got him canned from the one thing he seemed to be good at with out help from DoFo/fam. But, really? A couple of comments that might not be too far from being accurate causes them to spite themselves to the degree of returning the $50k in equipment?

I think there had to be more.

They returned it four months after he was canned when they bought newer equipment.

ETA - here ya go - Fired over the interview, but I'm sure it was the straw that broke the camel's back on top of the crack allegations.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-fired-as-don-bosco-eagles-football-coach-1.1339001

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back